Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:19:46 PM

Author Topic: [MACRO] Move the Y axis after job end by a predefined amount with MaxY() ?  (Read 925 times)

Hi,

I'm trying to park the tool dynamically after the machine ends cutting and I came upon the MaxY() function, which returns the Machine coordinates of an axis from a gcode.

Problem is, this macro is evaluated only while the tool path is generated, that is, before actually cutting. So if I zero my axis after loading the cut file, the final move is not where I expected it, because the tool path took into account the old zeros.

Code: [Select]
'Define the axes
Dim Xaxis As Integer
Xaxis = 0
Dim Yaxis As Integer
Yaxis = 1
Dim Zaxis As Integer
Zaxis = 2

'Define the X&Y work dimensions
Dim X_axis_length As Double
X_axis_length = 1300.0
Dim Y_axis_length As Double
Y_axis_length = 2550.0

'Define variables to store the machine position for the Y axis
Dim Y_MaxReachedMachinePos As Double

'Get Y Axis max reached value of machine coordinates during the cut 
Y_MaxReachedMachinePos = MaxY()

' Move Z axis to Safe_Z position
GotoSafeZ()
While IsMoving()
Wend

'Compare which of the 3 table areas the tool reached to know how far it can be moved in the Y direction after job finished.
If Y_MaxReachedMachinePos <= (Y_axis_length/3) Then
Code "G0G53 X20.0 Y" & Y_MaxReachedMachinePos+600.0 'Move the tool 60cm in the Y direction
'While IsMoving()
'Sleep 100
'Wend

ElseIf Y_MaxReachedMachinePos > (Y_axis_length/3) And Y_MaxReachedMachinePos <= (Y_axis_length*2/3) Then
Code "G0G53 X20.0 Y" & Y_MaxReachedMachinePos 'Move the tool 45cm in the Y direction
'While IsMoving()
'Sleep 100
'Wend

ElseIf (Y_MaxReachedMachinePos+450.0) < Y_axis_length Then
Code "G0G53 X20.0 Y" & Y_MaxReachedMachinePos 'Move the tool 45cm in the Y direction
'While IsMoving()
'Sleep 100
'Wend

Else
Code "G0G53 X20.0 Y" & Y_axis_length 'Move the tool all the way back in the Y direction
'While IsMoving()
'Sleep 100
'Wend

End If

Y_MaxReachedMachinePos=0

Is there a way to accomplish this? Like, executing the macro only after the machine starts cutting, for isntance?
Enabling "Ignore M calls while loading" didn't work.

Thanks in advance, Alejandro.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
Re: [MACRO] Move the Y axis after job end by a predefined amount with MaxY() ?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 03:41:48 PM »
that is the Problem between zeroing an axis and home a axis (by using a Limit Switch).
if you only "Zero" a axis you never know where this Zero is based on max of axis movement.

if you home an axis by using a Limit Switch you allways know exactly where the axis is (in machine
coords) by using G53.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.