Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:34:08 AM

Author Topic: Keyboard Jogging Not Working  (Read 1707 times)

Keyboard Jogging Not Working
« on: October 20, 2019, 06:41:17 PM »
I have mapped the standard arrow keys and page up/down keys for jogging in the Mach4 plugin.
The keyboard shows being on but the mapped keys do not function at all.
Can someone point me in a direction to figure out why this does not work in Mach4?
Re: Keyboard Jogging Not Working
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 08:12:11 PM »
Hi,
have you enabled the keyboard plugin?
Have you enabled keyboard jogging?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 10:06:58 PM »
Thanks for the response. You helped solve the mystery.
I had the plugin installed and on but did not fully finish defining the functions in the far right column of the plugin.
All good now, Thanks Again!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 08:54:46 AM »
One thing I have noticed is after programming the keyboard inputs they work fine.
For some reason after closing down Mach4 and restarting the software the keyboard mappings are gone.
Is this a know problem with Mach4 or something I'm not doing to say the keyboard mappings somewhere?

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 08:36:21 AM »
I had this problem, the keyboard mappings not saving, one time and it ended up being a VistaCNC pendant plugin conflicting somehow. I removed the plugin, did my keyboard mapping, quit Mach4, restarted, re-enabled the plugin, all was good. I haven't fuddled with this for a long time as I don't change keyboard mappings on a whim, but something to think about.
--
Tom
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 09:22:22 AM »
I had this problem, the keyboard mappings not saving, one time and it ended up being a VistaCNC pendant plugin conflicting somehow. I removed the plugin, did my keyboard mapping, quit Mach4, restarted, re-enabled the plugin, all was good. I haven't fuddled with this for a long time as I don't change keyboard mappings on a whim, but something to think about.

I also use a Vista Pendant so I will do the same and unplug it.
Thanks for the response!

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 09:50:46 AM »
I'm not sure unplugging it will work, but give it a try. I actually removed the plugin in the Mach plugins folder, did the keyboard thing, saved, exited, put the plugin back, restarted. You might be sure you have the latest plugin from Lee at VistaCNC, but really not sure he ever fixed this. There is some kind of conflict with that plugin and the keyboard plugin somehow!!

Tom
--
Tom