Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:26:35 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 RnR motion card - problem with plasma relay  (Read 8838 times)

Mach3 RnR motion card - problem with plasma relay
« on: August 16, 2019, 02:21:55 PM »
Hello everybody.

I am quite new to the CNC world and i have a problem with my setup on my plasma machine.

I use a chinese RnR motion usb Card with Mach3

I had managed to setup motors and all,

the problem i have is that i cant manage to get the torch to open. I use a simple relay. I had setup the output but nothing changes and the card doesn't give any indication it gives any signal.

in the diagnostics output1 has a red led when i turn on it manualy

I dont use a THC.

any suggestions?
Re: Mach3 RnR motion card - problem with plasma relay
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 07:12:24 PM »
Hi,
that motion card is a bit problematic.

Its called by different names depending on who is selling it, I think BitSensor is one such name.
I suggest you search the forum for related threads. There are a few people who have got them to work,
there is virtually no manufacturer information.

If you get frustrated with it I suggest that you consider a US or European motion controller like an Ethernet SmoothStepper,
a UC300 or a 57CNC. They are all likely to be in the $150-$200 range but they are all good and you'll get great manufacturer
and forum support.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 01:58:45 AM »
The only problem i have is the output signals. I cant make them work. Maybe its software problem? I dont know. Maybe i miss some part? Everything else runs good.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 02:03:16 AM »
Hi,

The only problem i have is the output signals. I cant make them work

That is the exact same problem by all the others who have posted.

My advice remains unchanged....search the forum until you find a user who has got it to work and find out how
they did it OR get a good motion controller.

Good luck.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 10:44:34 AM »
I have the sainsmart green board, but still with the RNR plugin. The output numbers in mach3 do not match the output numbers on the board.  For 11 you use 1 etc... for the inputs, and the outputs are also messed up.  After getting past that frustration, it works fine. 
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 03:07:32 PM »
Hi,

For 11 you use 1 etc... for the inputs, and the outputs are also messed up.  After getting past that frustration, it works fine. 

Would you post the conversion so that others may also get their cards to work?

Craig
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 04:16:53 PM »
Mine is not the exact same board, but here is the config needed for the outputs on mine.  You should have the manual with yours.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 08:24:52 PM »
Hi,

You should have the manual with yours.

That's the whole point, most of these boards turn up without a manual.

Craig
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 03:57:33 PM »
I have setup my board like in your picture. I had tried to change the pin number in all of them... Nothing seems to work. It came with a manual but its not for this board...

I will keep trying, maybe i will find some solution... Because for now... Paying 200 euros for a good motion card its not an option unfortunately 😔
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 05:03:18 PM »
Did you supply 24 volts DC to the board?  Outputs will not work without that.  Also the board supplies ground to turn on an output.  So use the 24volt positive that you are supplying to the board, and ground comes from each output chanel pin.  If you post a picture of your board and how it's wired, maybe one of us can find the issue. I used a 24 volt opto isolated relay board that allowed for ground activation.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 05:12:36 PM by Ken Rychlik »