Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:45:21 PM

Author Topic: NFW Power Feed Quirks  (Read 6922 times)

vmax549

NFW Power Feed Quirks
« on: September 08, 2007, 01:25:59 PM »
Ron I used the power feed today and noticed a few quirks. Don't know the version it does not display on the screen. It came with Mach V2.41

Xminus Limit will not take any input data, you can enter the data but when you hit enter it resets to zero.

Zrapid will not allow input period it does not highlight when you click on it.

Zstep   NEEDS a feed setting for plunging feed rate.

SPINDLE needs a  S speed setting option. It is a beast when you forget to set the spindle speed BEFORE you enter the wizards then you have to get out, set the speed,go back to the wizard and then start all over again.

(;-) TP
Re: NFW Power Feed Quirks
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 08:04:38 PM »
The Xminus DRO works just fine for me. It is is DRO1101, do you have 1101 used in a macropump?

I will add a Z feedrate DRO and use it with the Zstep button.

I also cannot make an entry in the Zrapid DRO- its DRO1100, that should be valid and I don't have a macropump running. Ill have to look at that, maybe its a problem for Art. I wonder if DRO1100 has been used in some other function? maybe the Shuttle? I know this worked with earlier Mach versions, I tested it well.

I also found I cannot set the Zup for Rapid Button. That uses LED1100. Something has changed in Mach.

I will add a DRO for setting speed, but I wont be able to test it since I dont have a machine with a controlable spindle speed. Of course all it will do is issue a S#### g code.

I have figured out another problem that has bothered some guys- I viewed this as a Power Feed of the TABLE, so the feed buttons work in the sense of moving the table. Of course anyone doing CNC is used to moving the TOOL, so these values seem backward. However, since I think most users of this  wizard will be used to the idea of a power feed option on a manual mill I will leave this as it is.

I will get a version with these fixes here in a day or two.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 08:17:36 PM by Ron Ginger »

vmax549

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 08:36:29 PM »
RON yes it used to work here also?????

I'll have to check ALL the extra pages/functions I have created to look for a conflict.

Somehow there has to be a way to head off conflicts. ANY ideas????

Thanks RON for all your hard work. (;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 11:10:28 AM »
Ron I found the Xminus DRO gemlin it was in a macro attatched to an old page I no longer used. I removed the page and removed the reference in the macropump and all seems well with that issue. THe others still remain.

Here the  Zup button for Rapid works ok, just the value input will not except data, does not highlight when you click on it.

THanks (;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 10:20:15 PM »
Ok, last night I tried and found the same problem you described on the Zrapid DRO. Today it worked just fine for me. I hate that kind of problem.

I have a new version , with the Z feed DRO added and a DRO for spindle speed. Ive done some testing, but I want to try again tomorrow with a fresh start. I will post a new version here later tomorrow.

vmax549

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 10:09:11 AM »
Thanks RON, Just to let you know I have some kids here that I help teach CNC to ( Jr & SR high) they think your power feed wizard is the best. They did want to know if you could build a version that had the tool path on the screen. I call that the GAMEBOY syndrome they have to see it on the screen to believe it.(;-)

(;-)TP
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:11:32 AM by vmax549 »
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 09:59:59 AM »
Attached is a new version of the PowerFeedXY wizard.

It has a DRO for the Zstep feed, and a DRO for spindle speed. It also has a label with a version number, 1.1 and some shifting of buttons to make room for the new stuff.

I checked the feed stuff and it seems OK, but I cannot check the spindle speed since I dont have a mill with speed control.

Let me know if it works.

I have been thinking about adding a Repeat function. There would be a DRO to enter a number of repeats, then a start button that would generate an X move, rapid return, ystep sequence Repeated N times. Would this be useful? Can I assume the X is always a plus move, or do I need to code button for both an X plus and an X minus move?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 07:46:13 PM by Ron Ginger »

vmax549

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 12:24:49 PM »
Ron the new version works fine, just tried it here.  I did notice that you can adjust the spindle speed on the fly, I like that idea. Could the feeds be set up the same way??? As it is now a cycle must be completed BEFORE you can readjust the feedrate.

A reapeat function would be great. As it is you have to be available to restart each function and WE know that VB does not like to buffer any more than about 3 cycles ahead of its self or it can loose track of itself.

And yes there is a need for the X to be a + & - directional move. Also please make sure that the spindle retract option works during the rapid back to position.

Also is it possible to make the DROs that do not require a +/- sign to NOT display it?  I don't know what a +/ - number will do but don't really want to try it either(;-)

Great JOB Thanks (;-) TP
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 12:27:40 PM by vmax549 »
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 03:17:35 PM »
I just tried downloading the Power Feed NFW and I get a page not found error.  I have tried 3 times now and have refreshed the forum but I get the same message.  Is something broke?

Thanks
Larry
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 07:47:29 PM »
I deleted the old link- it showed a 0 byte file size, and I will re load it to this page.