Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:38:08 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 plasma THC using Pokeys 57E  (Read 984 times)

Mach4 plasma THC using Pokeys 57E
« on: June 18, 2019, 08:53:55 PM »
Hello All,
I am experimenting with the latest build of the Mach4 Plasma profile and using a Pokeys 57E analog input card to read in the divided arc voltage (I am using a variable DC source for testing, not the torch voltage).  I have set the Plasma config to the correct register and it changes with the voltage input, but I cant figure out how to relate this to an arc voltage on the THC screen. 

-We are using Mach4 build 4225 for reference
-Is there a scaling factor somewhere in the Mach4 config?
-In Pokeys, the analog value is 0-4095, which equates to 0-3.3 volts.  Once you connect Pokeys to Mach via the plugin, the Pokeys diagnostic screen shows a value of 0-1 with no units in the register.
-If you copy the Pokeys register to the clipboard and paste it into the THC config screen for the register used, when you go back to THC diagnostic the iRegs0/nf/thc/ThcActualVoltage register only reads the default 120 value, same as before changing the register. 

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jamie

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 plasma THC using Pokeys 57E
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 12:40:01 AM »
There is no scaling for the actual voltage. The scaling should be done in the device. Whatever register you use for the actual voltage should display the actual voltage and that is the register you put in the plasma screen configuration. You may have to add a dro to your screen, link it to the analog register and in the DROs update and/or modify script do the math and write that value to another register (like the nf/thc/ThcActualVoltage register) that you use for actual voltage.

when you go back to THC diagnostic the iRegs0/nf/thc/ThcActualVoltage register only reads the default 120 value, same as before changing the register.

Yeah, there is nothing that links any other register to the nf/thc/ThcActualVoltage register. This is what the description for the nf/thc/ThcActualVoltage register says..... "Used in THC Simulation only. A substitute for a hardware register if no hardware is connected". You only use one register for actual voltage and that will be the one you enter in the plasma screen configuration. The module doesn't care what register it is or how many registers you use to get to an actual voltage. But some math is going to have to happen somewhere (because your actual voltage will never be 0-1 or 4095) and the result of that math will need to be stuffed into a register (which will be the ONE you copy and paste into the plasma screen configuration).
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 09:53:45 PM »
Hey thanks for the reply, we thought that might be the case. I will experiment with the Pokeys this week and see if I can get Mach4 to read some volts.

Jamie

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 10:59:01 PM »
No problem, hope you get it sorted.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!