Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:32:54 PM

Author Topic: Can't Install Mach3 on my PC  (Read 4160 times)

Can't Install Mach3 on my PC
« on: May 05, 2019, 12:59:08 AM »
Hi, My name is Gary and I am from Albany in S/W Australia. I have just purchased a CNC router and with that machine there was included a disc with the Mach3 folder on it. (File name: Mach3VersionR3.041.exe)

After repeated attempts to open/unpack the .exe file I get an error message "INTERNAL ERROR B109-13 cannot decompress setup program".

My PC is a Dell Optiplex 760 running Win XP, 32 bit X86 based PC.
Any help great fully received.
Cheers  Gary
Re: Can't Install Mach3 on my PC
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 01:15:40 AM »
Hi,
Mach3 and Mach4 are available as a free download from the NFS website, you don't need a disc.

https://www.machsupport.com/

What won't be included is a license file for Mach3. It seems unlikely that the disc would include a license file unless it is a
pirate copy, very common from Chinese suppliers.

Mach4 has a different licensing arrangement with each individual PC licensed and that is done online on the NFS website
and could in no case be supplied on a disc.

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 08:28:54 AM »
Hi joeaverage Thanks for the help. Could you clarify about the NFS website? I have found downloads on the artsoft website, is that what you mean? I have had 2 subsequent zip files sent to me from the supplier of the machine but those didn't work either. Thanks
Cheers  Gary
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 03:24:36 AM »
Hi,

NFS= NewFangled Solutions, the current business name of what was Artsoft.

What was very common with Chinese made controllers was that they did not support certain features of Mach, probing for example.
What they did was modify Mach to work with their controller because it would fail with standard Mach.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 02:13:38 AM »
Thanks for the advice. Well, I have got Mach3 installed on my XP machine but after about 10 hours work I still can't get anything moving. No axis will move and the spindle won't turn on. I have gone through the setup of ports & pins several times To check that is OK. Input#1 is set to 0x378. I think this is correct for my PC (I haven't confirmed it as yet in XP settings(Can't find it))

I am thinking it is a cable/pin connection problem. I have noticed that when I press keyboard buttons  for JogX+ or minus, the LED's in Diagnostics page (called EJogx+ or EJogX-) don't light up. Also when I press the Estop button, the red Emergency LED doesn't light up. I feel that I am very close to getting this working.  Bye  Regards   Gary
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 02:16:46 AM »
Sorry, I forgot to add a picture of the Diagnostics page I took.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 02:40:48 AM »
Input#1 is set to 0x378. I think this is correct for my PC (I haven't confirmed it as yet in XP settings(Can't find it))

Assuming you are using the 25 pin Parallel Port to connect your PC to your machine...

Within WinXP - Control Panel / Device Manager / Ports / LPT1 Printer Port / Resources / IO Range ?

If you are using Ethernet or USB to connect your PC to your machine then you need the plugin / driver disc supplied by the vendor of your motion controller to set-up your machine - the Port Address mentioned above does not apply.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 05:17:57 AM »
give us some Pictures/Manuals of what you are using.
without further Information it is like a walk in the dark.

to check for the port/Pins here is a good tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uglCm_qsojk
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 08:41:34 AM »
   Hi and thanks for the help so far. Yes, I am using a USB cable to connect to the machine, maybe that is the problem because when I went to Control Panel / Device Manager / Ports /   there was no port labeled USB just LPT1, Com1 and Com3.
The machine I bought was a USB machine as opposed to a parallel port machine so would it help if I got a 25 pin cable instead?

I have installed what I thought was the plugin, I will check with the supplier. I have been receiving confirmation from the supplier in regards to the settings on the "Ports & Pins" section of the machine setup so hopefully that should be OK. I will try to get more info to help with this problem.
Bye Regards  Gary

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 10:11:17 AM »
The machine I bought was a USB machine as opposed to a parallel port machine so would it help if I got a 25 pin cable instead?

In a word, NO.

If you are getting info from your machine supplier then that is the way to go - follow the set-up instructions on the installation disc.
PEACE