Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:36:14 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 on Windows 7 32 bit - Startup Screen always small  (Read 2609 times)

Mach3 on Windows 7 32 bit - Startup Screen always small
« on: May 02, 2019, 05:33:02 AM »
Hello.  I am new to mach3, but learning as I go.  My issue is just annoying and I can't figure out how to correct it.  I would like to have the mach3 screen saved as when the last I used it.  Right now, each time I open a new session of mach3, the screen is half the size of what it is suppose to be when I ended the last session.  I took a screen shot of what it looks like when I first startup a session.  I have to expand the mach3 window everytime.  I have tried to re-save the config after I set the screen.  There is also a saved screens in the, I believe, the view... but still that doesn't work.  Can anyone tell me how to save the screen so I don't have to re-size it every time I open a new session?  Thanks.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 on Windows 7 32 bit - Startup Screen always small
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 05:44:29 AM »
Config. / General Config. check Auto Screen Enlarge box.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 05:46:14 AM »
Config. / General Config. check Auto Screen Enlarge box.

Tweakie.

I will try that.  Thanks for the fast response Tweakie...

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 07:23:13 AM »
I just hope I have given you the right answer - it's a long while since I had a screen size issue  ;)
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 10:14:22 AM »
I just hope I have given you the right answer - it's a long while since I had a screen size issue  ;)

Unfortunately that didn't help...   :-[  Any other advice or help?

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 10:43:12 AM »
Try to also tick Hi-Res Screen (see attached).

The MACH3 screen 1024 was made for a 1024x768 (aspect ratio 5:4) and NOT for a wide screen like yours which has an aspect ratio of 16:9.
If you can get a 5:4 aspect ratio screen 1024x768 or a 1280x1024 screen, then a GCODE circle will be round and NOT oval in shape on the screen.
If you MUST use a wide screen, then look for custom SCREEN SETS that other people have made that support wide screens. Some are free, others very cheap and others a bit more expensive.

If the screen is still small, it could be because the settings of the NVIDIA, AMD, Intel driver control panels has not been optionally set to stretch displays that are not having 16:9 aspect ratio.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 10:48:01 AM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 12:26:53 PM »
have a look for a tool called WinResizer, i use this if i have to work on screensets witch are designed for an
other Resolution.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 08:48:59 PM »
Hello, I always work with these steps
click on View select Load Screens and select 1024.set and open it.
I hope you work
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 06:10:09 AM »
Hi folks.  Thanks for all the advice and I will try them.  But I should have added in the beginning that I never had an issue with mach3 startup screen until recently.  It always loaded fine on this windows 7 machine.  I can't recall exactly what changed, but I know I didn't mess with the settings.  It done it on its own, or something in windows changed it.  I really shouldn't have to install screensets or anything JUST to get the program to open from the last setting.  It refuses to do that.  It now ALWAYS opens half screen.  An once again, it isn't a show stopper.  I can easily drag open the window.. but it is very annoying.

I'll let you know if I get this resolved.  Thanks.

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 07:32:24 AM »
doest not allways mean that you have changed Settings, sometimes for what ever reason Mach3 crashes the XML file
with the Settings.
have a look to xmlbackups Folder, there should be a couple of saved XML files.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.