Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:30:41 AM

Author Topic: finding x0 yo  (Read 3314 times)

finding x0 yo
« on: August 25, 2007, 11:38:06 AM »
as a new mach user, i have had some time w/ win pc nc the thing i miss is the red dot in win pc nc you can drag to your x y 0 and the machine go to feature wii find it saving some time also the other feature i miss is being able to rotate file to position work on material without going back to cam program as i use memory stick to transfer file to machine computer. john i hope this finds the right place?
Re: finding x0 yo
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 09:05:03 AM »
You  can set the rotation of the object wit a G68 and if you need to move the 0,0 position you can jog to that position and type in Zero into each DRO. after you ahve done that if you regen the toolpath you should see where on the part you are. I think you are asking to see a small dot on the screen to show where the zero zero of the file is and as that is a good idea you will not see it in Mach3 but you may see that in Quantum :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 05:16:50 PM »
Hay Brian thanks for reply but is G68 an add on or is it there? my computer just went to EBF of ca. to get mach 3 up grade and 0 pad for z axes, along w/ ability to rotate is also capability to duplicate projects on the screen 1to 99 or what will fit on your table real nice feature. however i do see the big price diff.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 08:17:44 AM »
It is all in the rev that you have :) you can test the G68 by typing in the angle on the MDI page..

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com