Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 06:36:54 PM

Author Topic: Rotary Axis softlimits  (Read 3199 times)

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
Rotary Axis softlimits
« on: August 23, 2007, 12:59:56 PM »
Hi all

I've done a search but didn't find an answer to the following questions.

I've converted my rotary table to stepper control, it's all setup in Mach 90:1 worm, 16 microsteps = 800 steps per Degree. Axis A setup as rotary, not sure about the degree box being ticked.

I'm having a problem with soft limits stopping the table and can't find how to disable them for the A axis, is it possible or does the degree box do this or do I just set the limit to 999999 (or whatever the limit is)

Also when using the rotary axis what does the F word do, does it set degrees or mm (tied in with the work peice dia setting)

thanks
Steve

Offline bowber

•  216 216
    • View Profile
Re: Rotary Axis softlimits
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 05:58:16 AM »
I've now updated to the very latest version, my version was about a month old, and it now shows a check box for rotary axis limits.
I presume this means with a tick in the box the limits are activated?

Also I don't know if it's a bug but with the shortest path ticked a G0 move does indeed get the table to go the shortest path but a G1 move always goes round the whole table in the positive direction, even if the move is 0.1 degrees in the negative direction it'll take the table 359.9 degrees in the positive direction. Is it meant to do this?

Steve
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:59:51 PM »
F will remain the same, Feedrate. If you are refering to just A move, it should be in degrees per minute, as Degree = 1 unit.
Hey THANKS 4 all the help in advance. I'll need more than you'll ever expect!!!

www.cravenpottery.com

Offline bowber

•  216 216
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 05:31:41 AM »
F will remain the same, Feedrate. If you are refering to just A move, it should be in degrees per minute, as Degree = 1 unit.

Doh, I feel really stupid now :-) of coarse it's degrees per min, never even thought about that.

Got it mainly sorted, unticked the first box (something about 360 rollover), ticked the G0 short move and unticked the softlimit box
The first job I'm doing on it is only 20 degrees either side of zero so I'll take the - move past position and then make a + move onto position to take up any backlash.
It's a new table though so there's not much if any.

thanks
Steve