Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:50:46 AM

Author Topic: Mach Driver and Port Address  (Read 2047 times)

Mach Driver and Port Address
« on: April 15, 2019, 06:13:03 PM »
So finally got a paralell port card to work in Win 10, It shows up in ports on device manager, but cant find the port address that goes in Mach, also when I run driver test it says "No Driver Sensed" . Where can I get the driver? I tried rerunning the install, but it doesnt show what it is installing.

Thx for any help
Re: Mach Driver and Port Address
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 06:25:56 PM »
Hi,
Mach's parallel port is more than just the parallel port (DB25) but a software driver that lives in the kernel of the PC.
Windows 10 prevents the driver from being installed.....you cannot use Machs parallel port on Windows 10.

Craig
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:39:12 PM by joeaverage »
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:01:31 PM »
Even though it shows up in the device manager? is there any work around. I really need this machine to work. or is there a laser program that will drive the paralell port in Win 10. I cant go back to 7.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 07:15:45 PM »
Hi,
the parallel port shows up in the device list and if you had a parallel printer I'm sure it would work.
Machs parallel port is much more than just the physical port itself. There is no workaround that allows
Mach's parallel port driver to work on ANY 64 bit OS or ANY Windows 8 or later OS.

You can use Mach on Winodws10, including 64 bit and even with laptops (the parallel port never played well on laptops)
with an external motion controller like an Ethernet SmoothStepper (approx. $180) or a UC300 (approx. $150). Note that
both of these boards need a breakout board (or boards) as well, cheap breakout boards can be had for about $20.

There are cheaper Chinese external controllers.....but be warned they often don't work at all and don't support a lot
of Machs functionality. If you do any reading on the forum you find lots of posts from people who can't get their
cheap-s*********t Chinese controller to work. Avoid like the plague.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 07:38:45 PM »
Yes I have read the posts about cheap chineese stuff, Thats why I got a Probotix PBX-RF controller, It has been working fine until we upgraded to 10. I will keep looking, I really need this machine, I have a lot invested in it and dont want to get rid of it just cause it wont play with 10.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 07:54:48 PM »
Hi,
but you don't have to get rid of it, if you install an ESS (Ethernet SmoothStepper) between your Windows10 PC
and your existing parallel input control box it will work better than it ever has done before.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 09:41:45 PM »
how does that go in between? it lloks like it has a ribbon cable port. is there a adapter cable that goes to the port on my controller? And wow, $190 just to have a go between. Nickle and dime us to death.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 09:55:13 PM »
Hi,
yes there is a cable adapter that goes in between.

If you want to spend less try a UC100 or a 57CNCdb25 for about $120. Don't be tricked into buying a Chinese knock-off
UC100, buy direct from CNCDrive or their nominated distributor.

You want cheaper than that buy Chinese junk and good luck to you.

If you dont want to spend anything go back to Widows 7 32 bit or XP.

Craig
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 10:15:35 PM »
Hi,

I really need this machine, I have a lot invested in it and dont want to get rid of it just cause it wont play with 10.

You asked the question....I gave you an answer. If you have an alternative I sure the hundreds or thousands of people
who've faced the same question will be all ears.

Craig
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 10:54:47 PM »
Already tried the UC 100, I got from a friend, Im thinking I might go to a dual boot, so that when I want to run this machine, just reboot back to 7, then reboot for other machine. I dont want to buy another computer, I got 5 now.