Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:13:49 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 input signals to use USB Motion card controller for stepper motors  (Read 4891 times)

Hi,
getvar() and setvar() are native functions in Cypress Enable which is in turn a subset of Visual Basic, the
scripting language of Mach3.

Why it is that XHC has chosen not to have their controller support the standard Mach3 scripts is a mystery. Indeed
many of the Chinese manufacturers produce boards that do not support Mach3 scripts. You may have noted that they tend
to modify Mach3 to work with their board and then sell it as a pirate copy.

Now XHC have released a board and a plugin claimed suitable for Mach4. However the plugin is that buggy that most users
have ditched the board.

NFS have offered technical assistance to XHC to improve their plugin. It is in NFS's interest to see as many manufacturers
make and support Mach4 products and yet XHC have not taken advantage of it.

If you have a project to write a plugin for a piece of hardware and need technical assistance about the inner workings
of Mach4 then you can ask NFS. If they are agreeable, then you sign a Non Disclosure Agreement, ie agree not to cheat
NFS out of their software, and thereafter you have access to the information required.

There are at least two hobbyists who have done just exactly that. They have written plugins for two models of XHC pendants
for which XHC has declined to provide a Mach4 plugin. Those plugins are freely given to the Mach4 user community.
Interestingly and no doubt disappointingly to the two individuals concerned with little or no support from XHC.

It is clear then that NFS will happily support an individual or company to produce Mach4 compatible hardware and
plugins which makes XHC's refusal to take up that assistance all the more perplexing.

The upshot is however that at this time XHC boards are unsuitable for Mach4 and anyone who buys one for Mach4 is
going to be mightily disappointed.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Hi,
getvar() and setvar() are native functions in Cypress Enable which is in turn a subset of Visual Basic, the
scripting language of Mach3.

Craig
True
But that was before August 22nd, 2010.
The manual
https://manualzz.com/doc/11156171/mach3-v3.x-macro-programmers-reference
Dated August 22nd, 2010
list getver(####) and Setver(####) among the list of
"Legacy Scripting Functions" - to be avoided.

Now Art Fenerty retired in 2008 so the NEW OWNERS of NFS are trying to get macro programmers to use the new functions THEY DEFINE and avoid those legacy functions originally defined by Art.

It is wrong to blame over $1billion people for instructions GIVEN by NFS.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 11:16:17 PM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
Hi reuelt,
defend XHC as you please.....the proof of the pudding is in the eating and multiple users have found XHC distasteful.
If you are so keen why don't you buy one?

Craig

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Hi reuelt,
defend XHC as you please.....the proof of the pudding is in the eating and multiple users have found XHC distasteful.
If you are so keen why don't you buy one?

Craig
I will buy an XHC 6-axis pendant WHEN they have one that supports MACH4 NOT now.
i chose MACH3 years ago because MACH4 & External Motion controllers etc were not matured yet.
I want to upgrade to MACH4 so I now avoid anything that is only made for MACH3.
Hi,

I will buy an XHC 6-axis pendant WHEN they have one that supports MACH4 NOT now.

Then you might be waiting a long time, the latest missive from one of the guys who wrote a plugin for one model of
XHC pendant that XHC is not interested in Mach4 plugins.

This comes from your previous post:

It is wrong to blame over $1billion people

Where among any of my posts have I blamed the entire Chinese race? I have not. I do lambast those people, however
many there are and of whatever nationality, of XHC because they are selling rubbish and refuse to put right their
customers complaints.

Anyone who tries to pull that stunt will be lambasted by me, be they white, red, black, brown or green!

Craig

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
FYI:

XHC MOTION CARD DRIVER
Release Notes:
this driver is only for mach4 software.
please copy ncusbpod.m4pw and ncusbpod.sig to mach4\plugins directory.
v4.0 2014.4.26
release this first version for mach4.
v4.1 2017.3.15
fixed the probe function to estop
v5.10 2017.4.24
this driver is only support xhc mkx-v card for mach4 hobby. 

-- WOW SO Mach3 "XHC MKX-V" owners can actually use MACH4 HOBBY with this driver????

v5.10.1 2017.8.23
fixed the probe bug
-- fixed HYSTERICAL warning against XHC by Peter Knell - who could not do "auto tool probing".

optimize the usb commnunication.
v5.10.3 2017.12.26
solve always "device error triggered" problem
v5.10.4 2018.1.22
solve always "device error triggered" problem