Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:56:20 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 input signals to use USB Motion card controller for stepper motors  (Read 4894 times)

have WiXHC USB Motion card (controller)  to control stepper motors, which input sources do I use for this configuration.  configuration is power supply to Driver to controller using card output  X Axis, Y Axis and Z Axis, Just can't find the right combination for the Input Signals and Output Signals.

Thanks JT
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 04:55:05 PM by jtalbot »
Hi,
in order to use Mach4 with that controller you will need a Mach4 plugin made by XHC for their board.
To my knowledge they don't have one.

There is a thread on this board somewhere that a lot of people have tried XHC boards and failed.

I think you are more likely to have success with their Mach3 plugin.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
have WiXHC USB Motion card (controller)  to control stepper motors, which input sources do I use for this configuration.  configuration is power supply to Driver to controller using card output  X Axis, Y Axis and Z Axis, Just can't find the right combination for the Input Signals and Output Signals.

Thanks JT
XHC has only one series of USB motion controller design for MACH4 called MKX-M4.
Mk3-M4: 3-axis; Mk4-M4: 4-axis: Mk6-M4:

If you do not have one of MKX-M4, YOU cannot use MACH4.

If you have MKX-M4, it comes with a CD with not only its  plugin for MACH4 but also
std MACH4 config files  profiles - that WORKS straightaway.
They even give a custom macro for AUTO TOOL ZERO since SOME programmers in USA use "GETVAR(1001)" that can cause problems with their motion controller.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
Hi reuelt,
are you aware that a number of people that have tried the XHC ***-M4 boards have all failed to get them to work?

They even give a custom macro for AUTO TOOL ZERO since SOME programmers in USA use "GETVAR(1001)" that can cause problems with their motion controller.

Are you aware that GETVAR(****) is a Visual Basic compliant statement?. Mach4 has absolutely nothing to do with Visual Basic.
The AutoZero macros supplied by NFS for Mach4 are all open source Lua macros.

The principle problem with XHC is that it wont (at the time of writing) support any of the editable GUI's like wx4.set or wx6.set
and is therefore restricted to the non-editable wxLua.set. Half of Mach4's strength is as a result of an editable GUI and XHC can't
support it. :o

The next problem is that all the inputs and outputs are screwed up. An output on Output#4 produces a signal on pin3
and not pin4??? :'( Worse....its intermittent. >:D

This situation has remained static for well over a year. It would appear that XHC either don't care or are incapable of correcting
their faulty firmware.

Craig
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 07:47:26 PM by joeaverage »

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
"Are you aware that GETVAR(****) is a Visual Basic compliant statement?. Mach4 has absolutely nothing to do with Visual Basic.
The AutoZero macros supplied by NFS for Mach4 are all open source Lua macros."

FACT: LUA language ALSO has the GETVAR() function.
so does many other languages including C, java, python, autocad LISP etc..

I know LUA scripts because it ALSO came with (french) Harmony Assistant Notation software that I have had for over 10 years.
LUA is a Brazilian language !
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:30:32 PM by reuelt »
Hi,

Not according to:

https://www.lua.org/manual/5.2/

Craig

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Hi,

Not according to:

https://www.lua.org/manual/5.2/

Craig

SETVAR() and GETVAR() are definable functions that can be defined in LUA.

http://lua-users.org/wiki/SetVariablesAndTablesWithFunction

Hi,
so you can create a function called setvar() or getvar(), but neither function is native to Lua, you have
to create the function.

I could create a function GoGetMeACupOfCoffee(), but just creating such a function doesn't really help me much.
It is no more native to Lua than getvar().

There are Lua functions which are useful, like math functions, string functions, and file functions, but by far and away the most
useful functions in Mach4 programming are not native to Lua but API's to Machs core or to Machs GUI.

Craig

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Hi,
so you can create a function called setvar() or getvar(), but neither function is native to Lua, you have
to create the function.

I could create a function GoGetMeACupOfCoffee(), but just creating such a function doesn't really help me much.
It is no more native to Lua than getvar().

There are Lua functions which are useful, like math functions, string functions, and file functions, but by far and away the most
useful functions in Mach4 programming are not native to Lua but API's to Machs core or to Machs GUI.

Craig
Agree with you.
So it is also probably true that getvar() in Mach3 were functions created by some Mach3 programmers. Why are some  blaming China for not supporting gervar() and setvar() in their plugins?