Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:23:21 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 to Mach4 with Warp9 ESS  (Read 1111 times)

Mach3 to Mach4 with Warp9 ESS
« on: March 18, 2019, 01:22:56 PM »
I have screen prints of all the settings and I think but will confirm with the CheckList from the other side, But....

I have done a lot of pin assignments and the rest in the 233 Warp9 configure pull down. I can see the E-Stop button press but motors do nothing? 

So My Stupid question is that besides the Warp9 setup configure,  do I need to do it All Again in the plug down Control window?? I thought if you selected and configured the ESS that was the control setup?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 01:24:49 PM by wmgeorge »
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.
Re: Mach3 to Mach4 with Warp9 ESS
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 02:36:01 PM »
Hi,

So My Stupid question is that besides the Warp9 setup configure,  do I need to do it All Again in the plug down Control window??

No.....in most cases. When you open the ESS plugin and set an input for instance Machs Control plugin is automatically
updated also.

There are items where that is not the case. Motor tuning settings for example must be set in the Control plugin.

It is quite confusing initially as to what Mach variables are updated when you change them in the ESS plugin. With
the ESS plugin about 90% of the changes which are made there are automatically reflected in the Control plugin.
Other controller manufacturers don't do that, or at least to the same extent. Thus with the UC300 if you wish to
set an input you first make the change in the UC300 plugin and THEN go into the Control plugin and make the change
there also.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 03:29:15 PM »
Thanks Craig I am seeing the limits change when I am activating... just can't get the motors to run! I did make sure they were configured both in the ESS and the Control drop down.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 03:40:27 PM »
Hi,
what about the motor tuning pages in the Control plugin?

Also have a look on the machine diagnostics tab when Mach is enabled to see whether the M0, M1 and M2 motors are
enabled (green LEDs).

Craig
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 05:45:52 PM »
Nah, it was just a stupid.. I did not have the Axis assignments in the Mach4 part of the setup Control screen.  Then the "B" motor which is #4 in my setup the Slave of "Y" needed the Direction pin set Low instead of High.  So it works, at least the motors anyway. I will figure the rest out tomorrow. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 06:07:22 PM »
Hi,
yes Axis Mapping is set and can only be set in Machs Control plugin.

As I said earlier having the ESS automatically update the Control plugin is useful but it is often not
clear when it does or does not do so. The good news is that once you get your machine set up it
will be much clearer and very simple to maintain. The initial learning curve can be brutal.

Craig