Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:31:31 PM

Author Topic: GoToWorkZero  (Read 3613 times)

Re: GoToWorkZero
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 05:01:50 PM »
Hi,
the latest development version is up to 4118. None the less 3804 should have wx4.set.

Try the ftp site....that's where you get the development versions.

ftp://ftp.machsupport.com/

Mai I suggest you download an update. I don't know where wx4.set has gone to in your installation but that
is the go-to screen set for any (up to 4 axis) mill/router.

Maybe all my problems are because I'm on windows10.  I now see that's not listed under pc requirements for mach4.   shucks.
Bull*********.....Mach4 works perfectly under Windows 10.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 05:09:39 PM »
Trying to connect to that ftp site, no luck.  I'll try later.
Thanks
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2019, 05:14:25 PM »
Hi,
I have the same problem, my browser wont load the ftp site.

Go to the Mach4 download page and look or the ftp link per attached.

Craig
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 05:27:29 PM »
yea, their new website don't show it, but I found it by googling it.   Here it is.
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 05:28:25 PM »
I dwnloaded the 4.2 so I will have to enter my info again, but loaded my screenset, whew......
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2019, 05:29:26 PM »
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2019, 05:57:47 PM »
Hi,
no, if you have an individualized profile and individualized screenset you should be able to download the latest
build and install it WITHOUT affecting your existing settings.

When you run Mach if you View/Load Screen/wx4.set <open> your screen will redraw with the wx4.set screenset.
If you like it then close Mach. That would flush your newly preferred screenset to the .ini file ie it becomes your
standard screenset thereafter.

You are strongly recommended to make a copy of your preferred screenset, wx4 say, with an individualized name.
Then load that set and close Mach to have it flushed to the .ini file.
Thus all your screen edits and scripts are saved in an individualized file.  When you download and install an even later
build and wx4.set is overwritten by a fresh, and possibly modified coy from NFS, all your screen edits etc are not lost.

Craig
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2019, 05:32:19 PM »
Hi,  I still had no luck on that screenset so I emailed Mach4 about it.  Also when I put the latest edition of mach in, my windows crashed twice so I removed that and put in my 3408.  Now that I got that up and going I'm back to trying to get that button to associate with a keyboard button so I tried your sigscript entry and this is what I get (in the pics) so I reviewed that sigscript you told me to put in and found the same thing on other forum entries but my machine just won't let me have it. :(

Thanks for your time, maybe I just leave it and walk over to my screen all the time to GoToZero.
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2019, 12:58:59 AM »
Hi,
where are you putting your code?

In the first instance you displayed code that you were using in the PLC script. Not the best choice in my opinion,
but it works.

Then I posted some code to go in the PLC script and NOW you are trying to put it in the SigLib{}????

First, have you edited and modified the GoToWorkZero() function in the screen load script? If so would you post it so I can
see it.

Now make a choice........either put code in the PLC script OR in the SigLib{}. You tell me which one you want to do
and then we'll do it.

Craig
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2019, 01:01:58 AM »
Hi,
looking closely at your screen shot and you've placed the code 'outside' the SigLib{} table. No wonder it wont cpmpile.

Post the first 50 or so lines of the screen load script so I can check it out.

Craig