Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:23:35 AM

Author Topic: Need help  (Read 7294 times)

Need help
« on: August 11, 2007, 10:20:12 PM »
I just purchased my mach 3 program and got a file to download and I can't get it to work the instructions that he sent me said "download the file to c drive copy the file to the mach 3 documents folder and restart mach 3 and it will work" I copied it and put it in the mach 3 folder and I still have the demo version what am I doing wrong?  I know very little about computers but his sounded simple enough that I should be able to get it going.

Hood

Re: Need help
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 05:46:38 AM »
Well the instructions sound right but as you state you are a beginner at computers I will try and clarify just in case.
Right click on the Mach1Lic.dat  file that you saved to your computer and select copy from the pop up menu.
Go to My Computer, double click C drive and then double click the Mach3 folder
Find a blank space in the window, right click and select paste.
Start Mach and go to the Help menu then  "about Mach3 CNC Controller". A window should pop up and it should have your registered name in it.

All the above is assuming that when you installed Mach you installed it to the default location, ie C:\Mach3 , if you installed it to a different location, eg D:\Mach3 then you will have to paste the License file there.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 08:13:53 AM »
Hood the file he gave me is not a mach1lic.dat file I searched the mach3 folder and did a windows search and can not find a file by that name. the file that I got is called caolfot and when I try to open it it won't let me. I copied it to the mach3 folder and restarted the computer and I still have the demo version.

Hood

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 08:25:13 AM »
who did you get that file from? as far as I know, unless its been changed recently the license file is called mach1Lic.dat

Hood
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 11:27:06 PM »
Hood we got it fixed today. I am thinking that me and computers don't get along very well. When he sent me the Mach1Lic.dat file my e-mail changed the name of the file. So we had to download the file rename it to Mach1Lic.dat and put it in the folder and it works GREAT!!! Cut a few parts today and can't wait to do more. Thanks a bunch.

Hood

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 02:27:07 AM »
Ha ha, your name isnt Jonah by any chance ? ;)

Good that everything is working now, enjoy your machine :)
Hood
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 11:03:20 AM »
Pretty close. Glad that you can go to a place and get so much help so fast. Thanks again Jonah! HA HA