Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:46:34 PM

Author Topic: Control Mach3 via Labview  (Read 2723 times)

Control Mach3 via Labview
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:58:58 PM »
Hi

I have a 3-axis stage which is controlled by Mach3. I want to control 3-axis stage with Labview in my own project.
To connect Mach3 and Labview, I need Mach4.dll file, but I cannot find it. I need an activeX objects, Mach4.IMach4 and Mach4.IMyScriptObject.
I want to know why there is no Mach4.dll file in my programs.

Thanks in advance,
HS, Yu.
Re: Control Mach3 via Labview
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 01:24:57 AM »
Hi,

I have a 3-axis stage which is controlled by Mach3.

So your machine is controlled by Mach3.....yet...

To connect Mach3 and Labview, I need Mach4.dll file,

Why do you want Mach4.dll? Mach3 and Mach4 are totally different programs. Even if there is a Mach4.dll
it would still do you no good trying to control Mach3.

Mach4 is still fairly new and is under active development and probably more suitable for you needs whereas all development
of Mach3 ceased five years ago. In the Mach4Hobby folder for instance there are several .dll files. Without New Fangled
Solutions help I don't think they will be of much use to you.

Various individuals and companies have had need of New Fangled Solutions help to complete various plugins and develop
hardware. In order to get that assistance and all the 'inside gen' on Mach4 they had to sign a NDA (Non Disclosure
Agreement) to protect their software. If you have a worthy project and NFS ( New Fangled Solutions) can be convinced
you will treat their intellectual property with respect then I'm sure they would help and provide the code necessary
to do your project.

I don't think any normal Mach users have the information you are seeking, you need to ask NFS directly.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 01:42:40 AM »
Hi, Craig

Thanks for your reply.
The reason why I need Mach4.dll file is on this link.
https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/ActiveX-controller-methods-import-as-callbacks/m-p/1038846
On this link, the questioner had same problem with me and also used Mach3, but had Mach4.dll file.
Finally he found the solution using Mach4.dll file.
I asked to NFS, but they didn't give me the proper answer about Mach4.dll.
In Mach4.dll, there are lots of libraries for activeX control.
That's why I need Mach4.dll file.

HS, Yu.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 01:53:15 AM »
Hi,
well then download Mach4.

There is no way you will get a Mach4.dll file if you are fiddling around with Mach3.

I have Mach4Hobby and it has several .dll files in the main Mach4Hobby directory. They are complied so I don't think
they will be of much use to you but they are there...you can have them for free.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 03:00:41 AM »
Hi,

There is no way you will get a Mach4.dll file if you are fiddling around with Mach3.

I have Mach4Hobby and it has several .dll files in the main Mach4Hobby directory. They are complied so I don't think
they will be of much use to you but they are there...you can have them for free.

Craig

Craig,
however the Mach3 ActiveX Interface was covered in the Mach4.dll, has nothing to do with Mach4 itselve.
if you have a look to the mach3 Folder, there is a mach4.tlb witch is a binary file that stores information
about a COM or DCOM object's properties and methods in a form that is accessible to other applications at runtime.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 03:40:14 AM »
Hi,

Craig

Craig,
however the Mach3 ActiveX Interface was covered in the Mach4.dll, has nothing to do with Mach4 itselve.
if you have a look to the mach3 Folder, there is a mach4.tlb witch is a binary file that stores information
about a COM or DCOM object's properties and methods in a form that is accessible to other applications at runtime.

Hi,

I think you got what I am saying.
I don't know why there is no Mach4.dll file, but only Mach4.tlb file exists.
Does it means Mach3 program doesn't require ActiveX connection with other programs?
If not, do you know any way to produce Mach4.dll file?

Thanks in advance.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 05:12:48 AM »
Hi,

my knowledge of this Kind for remote control is too less, to be a help.
depending on the "Age" of mach3 i would say it will not work on an
PC witch has an actual Win Version on, but i do not know for sure.

maybe someone else, has more Experience about this.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 06:43:18 AM »