Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:19:22 PM

Author Topic: Computer CRASHES  (Read 9189 times)

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
Re: Computer CRASHES
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 02:22:49 PM »
I am using XP no parallel port devices installed or in us no error messages it it crashes all the way out and start loading XP no freezing no machine debugger running Also can you gave me more info  on the BIOS setting if the computor is overclocking
   klmark

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 05:17:39 PM »
The best is to start eliminating potential problems. Have you got any other software problems, or is it only MACH3?
Have you run MACH3 without any hardware connected? You might have to reconfigure some inputs/outputs etc. to enable MACH3 to run virtual depending on your current hardware configuration. If you dont get any crashes when running virtual, the next step would be to check your parallel interface. If you don't get any crashes with other software on your system then let's first leave the BIOS. We can go there later.
Some points to check for, is your hardrive very busy while you run MACH3? This can tell me something.
Also, when last did you do a defrag on your system?
What does the graph look like when you run ART's DriverTest.exe?

Whacko
Nothing's impossible

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 05:51:33 PM »
Hi the only software on the system is Mach and Lazycam how do I check the hardrive to see how busy. The test DriveTest exe Art said it looks not bad
  klmark 
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 09:37:02 PM »
I think there is a problem with the computer :( It sounds like there is something that is getting in and reseting the driver... I hate to say it but there may not be much that you can do at this time ... is the Video on board??? I have had problems with onboard video and a nice new video card has fixed the problem in the past... Other times the problem is still there and I just have to use the computer for the kids ;)

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 04:59:07 PM »
Check for hardrive activety, i.e. hardrive status led in front of your PC or somewhere on a laptop. Sounds like you have a Sempron, should be fine for Mach3. If your hardrive is very busy, check your pagefile size and memory usage. You can do that by pressing "Ctrl+Alt+Del" simultaneously, to access the task manager whilst in Mach3 is running, and obviously before it crashes.
You have not come back to me about running Mach3 without any hardware connected, with other words in open loop virtual mode. If you do that it can help in establishing wether you have internal or external problems. Did you optimise your OS WinXP as per the "Optimization for WinXP file"?

Whacko
Nothing's impossible

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 05:16:05 PM »
Hi
Memory is good. But running without hardware connected like I said on the first post I seem it happen with no power to the drive just EXE Mach I seem it happen .
Yes I did optimise OS But here is what I did I formated the computer I saw cutting parts today he seemed to work alright without crashing But I don't want to talk to loud I afraid it will happen again What do you mean with no hardware ? As of now Thank you all for your help I will see what will happen I hope the problem is solved     Thank you again   klmark   

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 05:47:29 PM »
I read on you previous post you do flame cutting. Do you have auto ignitors on the torch/es? If so, the hf hv noise could induce a crash, or a reset. Do you have a plasma system connected? By without hardware, i mean that you must unplug the parallel ports and serial ports (all) connected to your cncmachine. Disconnect them on the computer side, and note that serial and parallel is not hot swap friendly, so you have to shut down, switch off power, and then unplug the cables. Then run a few programs just on the pc, and check for crashes.

Whacko
Nothing's impossible

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 06:14:03 PM »
Hi
Know auto ignitors  no plasma system conneted I will try unplug the hardware won't it show up again Thank you for your help I will let you know how it went
   klmark