Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:32:56 PM

Author Topic: Computer CRASHES  (Read 9192 times)

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
Computer CRASHES
« on: August 11, 2007, 09:56:56 AM »
Hi Everone
Has any one els had that problem the computor crashing when running Mach 3 I can have the computor running all day without Mach running with no problem but when I run Mach sometimes it crasher half way throug the job some times it crashes as soon as I EXE Mach I seem it crash with even no power to the drives  the testdrive I have talk with Art witch he thinks is not bad I have optimisation  the system but no luck any Help would be apprecatied
                                                                   Thank you  klmark
Re: Computer CRASHES
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 11:00:40 AM »
Here is my Wild guess > Look for a bad wiring connection in conjunction with parrallel ports ! Namely i'd suspect a ground loop ! my guess is that when mach configures the ports on powerup there is a grounded circuit which shocks pc off line.
CRUISER
  Don

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 12:00:24 PM »
Hi
It dose not do it right away yesterday I EXE Mach in about 1/2 minute it crashed and most of the time it happens when I run a part
            Thank you
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 04:19:35 PM »
I've been using Mach3 for about a year now and I have found that the only time my computer crashes is when I use the edit g-code and click save when I'm done. It crashes as I click on save. This only happens now and then, sometimes it will go for days without incidence and then I could have a whole day of problems. I put it down to using a 1200Mhz computer which I'm told is a bit slow for a happy Mach3.

You never mentioned what computer you are running, Could it be that you are using a slow computor?

Perhaps someone could tell me whether this matters or not to the crashing problems?

Cheers

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 04:35:37 PM »
My Computer is AMD Processor 1.47GHz  512 MB of Ram
                   klmark

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 07:12:41 PM »
Do you have a wireless network on this PC? If so, disable it and see if it happens any more.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 09:32:39 AM »
No wireless network on the computor
    klmark
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 10:31:59 AM »
What type of files are you cutting??? Are you doing large 3D files??

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 11:52:03 AM »
No 3D just 2D on a Flamecutting machine
                           klmark

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 01:41:23 PM »
Can you tell us which operating system you have, and have you got any parallel port devices like printers, scanners etc. installed? Even though the devices might not be connected, the drivers might still load at start up. Even reinstalling windows could cure your problem. Do you get any error messages when your system crashes? Or does it just freeze? If you have XP loaded, when you get a crash, try and leave the system for a while before you reboot, sometimes the OS will recover and give you more info. Also check your BIOS settings, if you are overclocking it can be a problem. Have you got a Machine debugger running in the background? Another option is to disconnect the parallel ports and modbus if you have one, and run Mach3 in simulator mode, and check if you still have a problem.

Whacko
Nothing's impossible