Hello Guest it is December 14, 2019, 10:29:12 PM

Author Topic: machinebed versus Mach3  (Read 985 times)

machinebed versus Mach3
« on: January 10, 2019, 08:18:27 AM »
Hi,
I did read a lot on the forum, in Manuals and did a lot of trial and mostly error. but did not find some about this settings ...

Mi machine bed is 940mm x 998mm  so i did set so in motorHome/softLimits (see atachement) but have a little doubt if i did good.

Please let me know if i did this the rightway and if not, how to

Thomss
Re: machinebed versus Mach3
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:00:50 AM »
Hi,
yes you have set that correctly.

Note that Soft Limits are effective ONLY if the machine is referenced (homed). I don't mean just the DROs zeroed out,
but the machine coordinates must be referenced to a particular location EVERY session of Mach. That almost
invariably means home switches. Do you have home switches setup?

Craig
My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 10:14:28 AM »
Yes, i did mounted 3 mechanical microswitches, for ever Axis 1.
The function but not jet configured the right way i think.  The ++ and -- and the home possibilities in the ports and pins / input signals, made me read the manual over and over, (as far as my English could bring me in understanding)  but still i do not understand the difference

Thomss
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 10:17:17 AM by Thombus »

Offline TPS

•  1,411 1,411
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 01:11:15 PM »
anything is possible, just try it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 01:31:29 PM »
have a look here:

as i said in the beginning, That is what i did read the last period. also, English is not my daily language to understand this fully..

Offline TPS

•  1,411 1,411
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 01:32:29 PM »
so what is the Problem?

would German be easier for you?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:44:04 PM by TPS »
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 09:10:26 AM »
I recently asked for a function in MachX to set the type of motion for any axis, moving-tool or moving-work but got nothing. A "normal" configuration is assumed, but gives no allowance for different machines.
So.  Does X axis move the tool or move the work? Moving tool means left is Zero, --, and Home. Right is + and ++.  Moving work means right is Zero, --, and Home.  Left is + and ++.
Does Y axis move the tool or move the work? Moving tool means to the front is Zero, --, and Home.  Moving work means Front is Home, +, and ++.  To the back is - and --.
Z axis is usually moving tool, so Up means Home, + and ++, and Down means - and --.

In general, ++ means + end Limit switch, -- means - end Limit switch.
- and + are for coordinate system and DRO increment, which makes the tool-path display orientation correct.  X increment to the right, Y increment to the rear, and Z increment upward.

If I have stated this incorrectly, please correct it.

Offline TPS

•  1,411 1,411
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 09:17:40 AM »
does not matter wether the tool or the material is moving

allways
        Y+
         |
X-    ---   X+
         |
        Y-

you have allways to Looks where your tool goes on the surface of material (bird view).

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:20:33 AM by TPS »

Offline TPS

•  1,411 1,411
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 09:21:53 AM »
So.  Does X axis move the tool or move the work? Moving tool means left is Zero, --, and Home. Right is + and ++.  Moving work means right is Zero, --, and Home.  Left is + and ++.
Does Y axis move the tool or move the work? Moving tool means to the front is Zero, --, and Home.  Moving work means Front is Home, +, and ++.  To the back is - and --.
Z axis is usually moving tool, so Up means Home, + and ++, and Down means - and --.

In general, ++ means + end Limit switch, -- means - end Limit switch.
- and + are for coordinate system and DRO increment, which makes the tool-path display orientation correct.  X increment to the right, Y increment to the rear, and Z increment upward.

all correct
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 09:29:57 AM »
so what is the Problem?

would German be easier for you?

It is not the language it self, merely the way of writing, understanding and remember this all.
as i told before (somewhere) I am a absolute beginner,  Have some problem with words and abbreviations 
There is so much information, difficult to remember it all.    So I have to do it Bit by Bit and a lot of questions..
Thomss