Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:57:57 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 and Galill DMC 4133 on lathe  (Read 3916 times)

Re: Mach4 and Galill DMC 4133 on lathe
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 01:36:52 AM »
Hi,

for me Archie, I have the dc already on the mill and work fine, for 10 years with just brush replacements and blowout the carbon.  I also have a spare, so want my lathe to use the same motors, amps, and electronics as close as possible.

Yes, I understand that....but what sort of servos are they? If they are analogue then PMDX or UC********* are not going to work.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 06:56:04 AM »
good question shows my lack of electronics knowledge, 4 brush dc motor, approx. 4" dia x 12" long, 250 ct encoder on end of ea, belt driven ball screws ?x reduction (count in pc based control built by CNC Automation of Amherst NH is 12000/inch) driven by westamp A711X series servo drives.  motion board is obsolete one from mid 90s by Mechtronix.  want all old stuff gone, new either Mach4 or UCCNC.  if I go with Mach4, most likely PMDX, but still thinking using likely UCCNC's biggest amps.  does that help?  leaning PDMX because of what I read here of Mr Stallings posts, and a telcom with them, seem willing to help with my questions.  does that help?  have pics.
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 09:58:40 AM »
Archie,
Retrofitting a machine means sometimes getting extremely intimate with a machine. Haha.   I know that only too well.   But it depends on the motors and drives amd their compatibility with the motion controller you choose, whether you replace them or not.
Chad Byrd

Offline jeep534

•  123 123
  • From the hills of WV
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2019, 07:34:23 AM »
Archie,
Retrofitting a machine means sometimes getting extremely intimate with a machine. Haha.   I know that only too well.   But it depends on the motors and drives amd their compatibility with the motion controller you choose, whether you replace them or not.

not wanting to muddy the waters ( this will be for another thread)   i have 6 ea  140 volt dc brushed servo  motors and 1 larkin 200 servo drive  for a mill and other projects
archie
Facebook archies machine