Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 04:46:31 AM

Author Topic: Reversing DRO Direction  (Read 1843 times)

Offline engineerpower

•  4 4
  • Learn by Doing
    • View Profile
    • DangerCo!
Reversing DRO Direction
« on: January 02, 2019, 10:29:17 AM »
BLUF: I am trying to figure out how to reverse the DRO direction in MACH 3 so that moving the table to the left (tool to the right) results in a positive DRO movement rather than a negative.

Sorry if this as been addressed, but the search functionality is letting me down...

I have an Enco 91002 converted to CNC, running (SolidWorks) to (CamBam) to (Ethernet Smooth Stepper) to (G540). The way it is currently set up a table move left or towards me is a negative movement on the DRO, and right or away from me is a positive movement. I would prefer this to be reversed. I have been able to do this by changing the "scale" for the X and Y to "-1.0", but I would prefer a non-temporary solution. My Z axis behaves fine, down is negative, up is positive.

My first milling experience was on manual machines, first dials then a DRO that behaves like I want. My preference would be that my CNC VMC behaves the same, and my jobs aren't cut rotated 180* on the table.

Haven't seen a setting I can change (other than scale) to do this. Do y'all have the answer, por favor???
Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
Re: Reversing DRO Direction
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 03:21:41 PM »
Config  -> Port's & Pin's -> Motor Output's -> DirLowActive

is your friend
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline engineerpower

•  4 4
  • Learn by Doing
    • View Profile
    • DangerCo!
Re: Reversing DRO Direction
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 10:50:42 PM »
Vielen dank!

That did it. Had to reverse homing direction and remap my movement hotkeys, but it's performing just the way I was trying to get it...

Mein Fallschirmjäger bruder und Ich in Afghanistan.
Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34