Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:39:52 AM

Author Topic: Macro keeps running after estop!  (Read 614 times)

Macro keeps running after estop!
« on: November 17, 2018, 12:44:03 PM »
Hey everybody, I know this is very similar to a post I just made, but a little more perplexing. I just experienced a pretty bad crash because a macro continued running after the machine was disabled and raised a clamp jaw into a still moving spindle.

So a wood chip broke off of a part and got wedged into one of the slides, and blocked a Clearpath motor causing it trigger a "limit switch" event in Mach4. Everything good there.
The problem is, that the macro that was currently controlling everything continued running even though the machine was disabled. Although the machine was ignoring any motion commands, it still was able to operate the outputs, and did just that, opening a clamp jaw in the wrong position into a spindle that was still spooling down.

I now realize that I should have had the output pins set to be forced low in a disable condition, and had overlooked that when setting up Mach4. That would have prevented the crash, but I still would like to be able to prevent a macro from continuing in the event of a machine disable. It seems like this would be the default, but maybe there is some setting that I need to change?
If not, does anyone have any suggestions for building something into the code that would solve this problem?
Thanks for any help!
David