Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:29:01 AM

Author Topic: jog step increment w/shuttle express  (Read 820 times)

Offline rubes

•  14 14
    • View Profile
jog step increment w/shuttle express
« on: November 17, 2018, 12:48:59 PM »
I'm useing a shuttle express with Mach 4. All works great. Except I want to use the 5th button to change the jog step increment just like the on screen button does. there is no entry for that on the long list of items when I use the "configure...plugins...shuttle...". Or at least I cant figure out which of those would be the one.
I used this video to set it up. And even it mentions going back to the screen to set the increment. Kind of looses half the functionality of a pendant if I have to keep going back to the screen...so I know I must be missing something on how to program this.

https://youtu.be/lQmi6Q_iOAU

oh by the way...I tried to search...but keep getting this on a plain white screen:

2: pspell_new(): PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: No word lists can be found for the language "en".
File: /var/www/vhosts/machsupport.com/forum.machsupport.com/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 700
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:52:28 PM by rubes »
Re: jog step increment w/shuttle express
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 03:38:53 PM »
Hi,
while the Mach website is be re-designed the search function is on the blink.

Not sure about the shuttle pro but there are a number of API's specifically to deal with jogging. This one sets the jog inrement:

LUA Syntax:
rc = mc.mcJogSetInc(
      number mInst,
      number axisId,
      number increment)

Is it possible to have a shuttle pro button trigger a macro? If so then judicious use of this API could do the job.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'