Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:19:11 PM

Author Topic: Set up 2 probes at same time in Mach 3  (Read 3287 times)

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
Re: Set up 2 probes at same time in Mach 3
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 10:44:30 AM »
Have a look at machstandmill site

In the manual it’s explained as well as a circuit to do what you want

If I remember you use the timer input for the second probe

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 02:03:26 PM »
I use an output pin to a couple of gates to select which probe I want to use (under Mach3). But that is custom.

Cheers
Roger

Thanks Roger.
I've had a bit of a play ..... I can use the same input but one probe requires a HI signal and the other a LO, so as it stands now, I still have to change the configuration in Mach 3 each time I change probes.
Instead of a gate or a relay , I was thinking of using a changeover switch, but I still have the other problem to overcome yet.
Steve

ok then you have to put an other locic/relay in front of the selctor Switch or selector relay,
to get the two probes onto the same switching Level (hi or low what ever you want)
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 04:27:08 PM »
I've had a bit of a play ..... I can use the same input but one probe requires a HI signal and the other a LO, so as it stands now, I still have to change the configuration in Mach 3 each time I change probes.

There are two different situations here. The first is where you have touch probes with different outputs but only want to use one at a time. The other is where you actually do have two different probes running in parallel - and yes, such situations do exist with value. If I could figure out how to attach an image to this post I would include a circuit diagram for the two cases.

Oh well, in words then. I don't run the touch probe straight into the Mach3 pins. I use a pull-up (or pull-down, as the case may be) resistor, then a couple of 74HC14 buffer gates, with a switch to select polarity. Some RC noise filtering is included with the gates, and then it is all fed through an opto-isolator into the Mach3 pin. The filtering AND the opto serve as very good blocks against noise.

Cheers
Roger

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 01:44:14 AM »
If I could figure out how to attach an image to this post I would include a circuit diagram for the two cases.

if you use the reply button, you should get the Additional Option possibilty, where you can attach files.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 03:35:47 AM »
Ah yes - my fault.
See attached (I think).

Cheers
Roger

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 06:46:00 AM »
I'd just use a Brain like I suggested earlier.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html