Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:38:26 PM

Author Topic: port 2 pin 2-9 as inputs  (Read 961 times)

Offline fast89

•  154 154
    • View Profile
port 2 pin 2-9 as inputs
« on: November 11, 2018, 02:31:56 PM »
First off, i cannot search, i keep getting an error:

2: pspell_new(): PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: No word lists can be found for the language "en".
File: /var/www/vhosts/machsupport.com/forum.machsupport.com/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 700

Now to my real problem. I can't get mach to see port 2 pin 2-9 as inputs. I have it checked on ports and pins page. Address is right because outputs work. My pci parallel card is the same as i have in other machines and is capable of ecp, epp, and spp modes. Windows 7 will only show it as ecp LPT port  in device manager.  I thought this was the problem but my other windows 7 machines show the same thing. In bios, i cannot set it for epp only, my only choice is ecp/epp mode. I guess at this point, i need to probe the cable and make sure the signal is getting all the way back to the pci card. Pretty sure it is though.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 02:37:32 PM by fast89 »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: port 2 pin 2-9 as inputs
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 01:47:20 AM »
Hi,

The Search function is currently off-line but should return once the webmaster finds and replaces the missing / moved file.  :)

As far as the Mach3 Parallel Port is concerned Pins 1-9 are always Outputs - they cannot be changed to Inputs.
Some, if not all, External Motion Controllers (such as the Warp9 ESS) will allow Pins 1-9 of Port 2 to be configured as Inputs so if that's what you need then consider changing from the Parallel Port to a Motion Controller.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline fast89

•  154 154
    • View Profile
Re: port 2 pin 2-9 as inputs
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 12:35:59 PM »
Wow....i'm an idiot. I've got 4 parallel port machines and i knew this. Just happens that i've been messing with a smooth stepper for a few months on one machine.