Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:42:25 AM

Author Topic: Newbie who needs a direction with Mach3.  (Read 1383 times)

Newbie who needs a direction with Mach3.
« on: August 08, 2018, 04:04:08 AM »
Hi there  newbie here I have a Maxi cut 1325 table I am running Win7 32bit.
Revolutionary 3 Axis Mach3 CNC USB Motion Controller Card 200KHz Stepper Servo. From Ebay
Compatible 3.7 hp air cooled spindle with a Delta VFD.
I had a friend help convert over from a DSP controller. I am having an issuue with the vfd pulsing for a start and a different readout from mach3 to vfd panel
 xyz are working.
I would like to reinstall Mach3 correctly from the start again, and get rid of all the bugs. Where should I look for documentation and help.
All help appreciated. regards Stuart  
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 04:06:03 AM by StuartW »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie who needs a direction with Mach3.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 04:21:58 AM »
I would like to reinstall Mach3 correctly from the start again, and get rid of all the bugs. Where should I look for documentation and help.

Not certain which bugs you are referring to but...

Make a backup copy of your existing Mach3 folder (to keep a record of your settings) then download Mach3 from here; http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/ 
It can be installed over the top of your existing version.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 04:32:16 AM »
Thank you for your reply. I have a issue as the spindle speed goes up so does the speed of X and Y, to the point I shut down as the movement is very erratic plus the vfd is pulsating at low speed and at the same time also the x and y. regards Stuart

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 04:51:00 AM »
Thank you for your reply. I have a issue as the spindle speed goes up so does the speed of X and Y, to the point I shut down as the movement is very erratic plus the vfd is pulsating at low speed and at the same time also the x and y. regards Stuart

I suspect that may be a problem with your Motion Controller rather than a problem with Mach3 itself. It will be interesting to see if the problem persists after you have completed the re-install.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 03:12:28 AM »
Yes the main issue was fixed after new install, still need to sort out vfd speed, will wait till i get new ATC spindle and vfd. Up until then i will manually start spindle.