Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:20:38 AM

Author Topic: Offset not working right, V2.02  (Read 11272 times)

Re: Offset not working right, V2.02
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 02:10:22 PM »
Chip,
Just a follow-up. I loaded the DXF into TurboCad and it showed the A/F size of the Clarkson "S" end to be 36.27 inches !!!!.
I know DXF's are notorious for the different results the generate so could you tell me exactly what is the correct size of this spanner on the original drawing. It maybe that this is a corrupt drawing, but I thought I was doing the right thing in downloading a DXF from the site to test LazyCam.
Thanks again
Alistair
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 08:32:04 AM »
I Downloaded your fuel bracket drawing and the offset worked but the part was only about 5mm across. I used Version 2.3 . Previous versions i always found inside and outside were back to front.

Drill circles is a mystery to me as it only seems to work when it wants to. Cannot make any sense out of it. I had it working perfectlt in older versions but not now. I have sent screen shots to  Art and Brian to see  if they know why but they must be busy.

Noel

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 11:08:36 AM »
Hi, Alistair & Noel

I think I loaded them in MM mode, Just trying to get the offsetting to work.

Could never get the spanner to offset properly.

The fuel pump bracket, The only way I could get the drill holes to work was to group the circles that I wanted to drill, Then put a Dot at the center point

and delete the circles.

Trying to go back in LC versions to find one that works properly, Haven't found it yet.

Lot's of Issue's with L-Cam.!!!!,  It's a Bata Version.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 10:14:31 PM »
Hi Chip

I tried the dot idea and also using smaller cutter than the circle size and tried to cut on the inside but no go.

Noel
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 04:16:21 PM »
Chip, An update for you, BTW I don't get much workshop time :(.
First checked mill with MACH3, X axis move 2 inches - mill moved 1.998, Y axis 2 inch move - mill moved 2.001 so mill is OK
Drew a 1.5 x 1.0 inch rectangle in TurboCad and exported as DXF to LazyCam.
Told LazyCam to use Tool 1, 0.197"D ( actually a 5mm ) endmill, then generated G Code & loaded to MACH3
LazyCam inserted G41 codes throughout the code list BUT MACH3 said tool in use was Tool 0 and diameter was 0".
Ran the code and it milled a rectangle 1.303" x 0.801" which is what you would expect if tool diameter compensation wasn't being used.
SO, is LazyCam failing to export the tool data to MACH3 or I am I making a basic, stupid mistake?
Thanks again for your time
Alistair

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »
Hi, Art & Brian

LazyCam 2.02 is having problems with Arc's, It doesn't respect the arc's end point's.

It's very inconsistent, The view 4 posts up shows a fuel bracket looks good then shown hear, Way off.

Offsetting your Collete Spanner, Offsets fine sometimes, Other time's not.

If the Collete spanner works then the fuel bracket doesn't and vice-versa.

Just Info, Chip

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 04:08:45 PM »
Hi, Art & Brian

Just reloaded Collete Spanner without changing anything.

Used offset Inner draws a Circle on outside then offset outside and offsets inside as shown below.

Using .001 line tol., Have used the following settings, .0001, .00001 and .000001, thy don't seem to change anything hear.

The Clean function sometimes works, Sometimes Not.

The second picture loads and offsets properly, Except the Circle.

The Last Picture, .000001 dose brake down the Collete Spanner into Chains though. and clicking on the Lower Right. Arc High-Lites the upper Arc.

Just More Info, Chip
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 06:09:42 PM »
Chip, only time i can get clean to not work successfully is if line tol is set to too small a value resulting in open chains after cleaning.  Any open chains containing arc segments will give results you see on your fuel brkt and also appears to confuse offset inside/outside.  Having said that your 1st pic failed as result of not cleaning before offsetting (either by omision or clean failure). With 0.001 tol it works every time here. Second pic can't comment on circle prob as no dxf to play with.

Your fuel bracket works everytime here with outside offset ok on outer chain, inside offset works ok on 2 holes upper right and 2 holes bottom left, and 4 holes on left work correctly using drill sel circle function.  However there is problem here in that if you get this far then the post processor incorrectly generates zero arc radius in a few lines which Mach doesn't like in posted g-code, so another one for Art.

Not sure if above is a help or hinderance but all helps I suppose :-)

Dave
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 08:34:16 PM »
I will see about some of the bugs... I have just added a bit more code (Yes more bugs :( ) I have tabbing about ready and as soos as that is done I think I can have a look at a few bugs

Thank you Chip for all the great work that you have done finding the bugs
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com