Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 11:05:47 AM

Author Topic: easy way i can make "Enable, Cycle start,ect" in mach 4 work with key stroke  (Read 9027 times)

I belive when i hooked first pokeys up i ran a input into a output or something to thst nature tryn to figure out that inc jog button, thats when all hell broke loose, since then i have tried to get it stable but i think that pokeys fed into ess an messed it up, i figured it was the bob but i guess i was wrong it was ess or both, i am atleast error free now
http://xkeys.com/xkeys/xk80.php

Keyboard i ordered to setup jog an inc jog fu ctions along with other functions
Hi.
yikes!  That sounds like an expensive learning curve, so you have two Pokeys and one ESS boards which are potentially faulty.
I would certainly like to get to the bottom of that before I did anything else.

You may have noted that in the other thread:
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,37598.msg257219.html#msg257219
that there is a possibility that current is leaking into the frame of your machine. My steppers do so, an unusual mechanisim but it happens.
The first time I knew anything about it I had removed my spindle and inadvertently removed the earth bonding. I only recognized it when I got a good
'tingle' off the machine while trying to track a fault with my Estop. It turns out that the leakage blew the input buffer on my BoB, fortunately it didn't affect
my ESS. It has made me a little more cautious though!

To be honest I would go back to square one, disconnect EVERYTHING off your machine. Particularly the spindle and driver. I would remove the earth bonding also. THEN I would hook up things ONE AT A TIME
measuring the voltage of ALL metal parts of the frame against a KNOWN GOOD POWER EARTH. This is exactly what I did with my mill until I had it nailed down as to what components (steppers)
were contributing leakage current (approx. 1mA each) and under what circumstances.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Hi,
that keyboard is going to need a plugin between its USB port and Mach.

I can help with individual push button switches, an MPG and that sort of thing but trying to write a plugin to interface with Mach is quite an undertaking,
its beyond my pay grade!

Craig
How does it leak? It would have to be a short? I know for a fact its not in my spindle motor with it off it caused the error in previous post, but like i said its not been back but i understand it could return,...am i understanding you right to ground to 120v green to the machine? Im in usa so not sure where you are, but we use black hot, white common, green is ground
Hi,
that keyboard is going to need a plugin between its USB port and Mach.

I can help with individual push button switches, an MPG and that sort of thing but trying to write a plugin to interface with Mach is quite an undertaking,
its beyond my pay grade!

Craig
It shouldnt if its mapped to keystrokes, an my keystrokes in machs plugins are what i map it to,...but it may get returned if we can get it setup with switches, i already have my square momentary an on off switches an joysticks ready for install
A key stroke should be a keystroke whether it comes from keyboard or pad is my argument but you see how much ive been wrong so wouldn't surprize me
Where are you located?
Hi,
How does it leak? It would have to be a short?
No not necessarily, it could be a  resistive leak. Your will need to test the spindle motor for leakage resistance to earth. In New Zealand we call it a Megger,
the technical name for the test is 'high potential earth leakage test'. The other possibility is as I found with my steppers that there was current induced into the
frame, not a conductive path at all. That would be hard to trace but not impossible.

There are a couple of other possibilities also, particularly if you have switch mode power supplies. They can leak to earth.

Still the most likely culprit is your spindle. I know you think it impossible but it is by far and away the biggest noisy component of your machine. I would take it off altogether
and see what happens. If I'm correct it has blown about $450.00 worth of boards....do you want continue?

Craig
Well on spindle i unplugged it from power, when it was doing the errors, thats why i say it shouldnt be that cuz it was throwing errors without power hooked to speed controller , its hooked to a ext cord an it was unplugged completely, when i continued to get errors before, so if i had it disconected that should eliminate that right? I dont know anyway it vould cause noise without power