Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:42:33 AM

Author Topic: easy way i can make "Enable, Cycle start,ect" in mach 4 work with key stroke  (Read 8908 times)

This info you are giving me is a way to add button by bob, but to add a keystroke function do you know how thats done?, ive purchased a programmable keyboard that has 80 keys that can have functions programmed to keys an i also have a ipac that emulates keyboard keys,..i went through 2 pokey cards with no luck, not sure why there not working
Hi,
the C25 is a good board and suits a machine that uses one port only. Thus the C25 has outputs for the motors and spindle etc.

The C10 on the other hand has just plain inputs and outputs. You could use it to run a machine but it doesn't have any relays for the spindle nor does it have
an analogue output for a VFD. It is ideal though as a second (or third) board for the ESS. In particular the pins 2-9 can be designated as input OR outputs.

As you have discovered it is common to run out of inputs and so the C10 is very useful because it allows you to take full advantage of the extra ports of the ESS.
cnc4pc also have the C13 breakout board, and for only $9.00. It has no buffer ICs on it however and so you don't get any protection just screw connectors.
For an extra $14.00 I would get the C10 which does have buffer ICs on board and offers a degree of protection for the ESS that the C13 doesn't have.

I'm not familiar with the PoKeys 57CNC other than that they have a good reputation. I've had a look at the manual and they have little or no protection for the
FPGA IC either.  If I had one I would be inclined to fit some sort of breakout board to protect the FPGA exactly as I have done for my ESS.

You can of course go direct onto the pins of the ESS second (or third) ports. The 26pin IDC headers are pretty compact and the probability of shorting two pins together is
quite high. I have attached  a pic of the representative output circuit of the ESS. Note the output IC has no current limiting resistors between the IC pins and the IDC26
pins. Therefore if you were to accidentally short an output to either + or - when the IC output was - or + respectively you will blow the one channel of the output IC.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Hi,
OK so you have a keyboard not just a series of push buttons?

Does the keyboard come with any documentation as to how the keys are coded?

Its possible that the keyboard issues serial pulses to represent ASCII characters in which case we a re barking up the wrong tree.

Do you mind me asking why bother with another keyboard? I mean it sounds like you are duplicating the keyboard on your PC. There is a thread by a guy
who has made his own panel which had individual pushbuttons for various functions and an MPG handwheel. I'll see if I can find it.

Craig
C11g i believe  but im using 10 through 15 for  limits an emergency stop so i think im out of inputs they are labeled outputs in diagram but i belive thst a typo those are inputs

https://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/breakout-boards-mpg/c11g-multifunction-cnc-board/

Sordy i had to double check i te wrote it i guess after you posted c25 info
Hi,
OK so you have a keyboard not just a series of push buttons?

Does the keyboard come with any documentation as to how the keys are coded?

Its possible that the keyboard issues serial pulses to represent ASCII characters in which case we a re barking up the wrong tree.

Do you mind me asking why bother with another keyboard? I mean it sounds like you are duplicating the keyboard on your PC. There is a thread by a guy
who has made his own panel which had individual pushbuttons for various functions and an MPG handwheel. I'll see if I can find it.

Craig

notice my card is not a c25 its c11g i posted website...

On key board its not here yet...its a x keys board i think is brand,...but i have been tryn to use external switches but
Ive been through 2 pokey cards tryn to get the external buttons working, il get it working for a few mins then the card locks up an wont let me back in it, so thats why im try something different witb the key strokes because if i can map functions to keys then the ipac will do my external joysticks an my e keys will do my other  random functions...im feel so beat thats why im tryn to use the keyboard plugin in mach 4 so im not burning up cards with inputs an outputs if thats whats killing my cards
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:23:11 AM by jbraddock »
Hi,
sorry I misread your post. The C11 and C25 share many similarities. I would still recommend additional, or at least one, C10 if you wish to extend the number of inputs
you have available.

From your previous post regarding a programmable keyboard we may be getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

Craig
You are posting faster than me, read my last post... sorry
I have a c10 bob for my mach 3, but not the 11 or 25
Hi,
I see your problem. I rather suspect it may be related to the noise issue you have described in your other thread.

If there is some leakage current getting into the frame of your machine it would certainly cause noise issues but could also fry inputs of PoKeys boards,
my earlier post states that PoKeys boards employ little or no protection on their inputs and possibly explain why they appear sensitive and are failing.

May I suggest rather than expend more time and money on a remote keyboard that you solve the noise issue, especially if it appears to be damaging boards.

In the mean time would you post whatever information you have about your programmable keyboard. Thinking about something doesn't cost anything!

Craig
I will in am. Im gonna try what you suggested in code tomorrw as well, on another note i bought another ess an bob combo, i tried changing bob first, an it still had same error on my other post, but when i changed out the ess it has went away, but in that process i had my old ess with new pokeys hooked to it an thats when 2nd pokeys quit, im now back to new ess with new bob an so far errors are gone...