Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:12:34 PM

Author Topic: "Jog inc" is under ouput signals so how to trigger inc Jog step in mach 4??  (Read 2772 times)

how do i get a external button to switch incremental Jog Step in mach4, i have pokeys but Jog inc is under outputs not inputs so i dont understand how to get it to trigger a inc step in mach 4 if inc step is under a output an not a input,...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 06:14:38 PM by jbraddock »
Hi,
output is to be used if you want to turn a light  or LED on or off to reflect the Jog Inc state.

To change its state using a remote button use a general purpose input say ISIG_INPUT10 and then
in Mach code it so ISIG_INPUT10 changes the JogInc state.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Do i use pokeys inputs? or will it hook up to warp9 ess to hook the button up to it
Hi,
output is to be used if you want to turn a light  or LED on or off to reflect the Jog Inc state.

To change its state using a remote button use a general purpose input say ISIG_INPUT10 and then
in Mach code it so ISIG_INPUT10 changes the JogInc state.

Craig
Do you know of any info or vids showing this or a similar function to do this an change mach code, sounds a little complicated
actually i found the jog inc under keyboard command so the question is how to make pokeys emulate a keyboard key,... which ever keys i program, say pokeys ground to pokeys  input 10 an its like im  hitting  letter A on keyboard
Hi,
yes that would work although its not quite as straight forward as you might think. I'm pretty sure Daz
did a video about using an input signal like that.

I was going to ask ....why are you using the PoKeys? I know it will certainly work but given that you have an ESS as
your motion controller I wondered why you wanted to use the PoKeys as well.
The ESS has three ports so can be set up with about 31 inputs and 23 outputs, assuming you want max inputs that is.
Is there not enough IO with all of that?

4 axes         8 outputs
1 enable      1 output
spindle         2 outputs
coolant        1 output
TOTAL        12 outputs

homes          4 inputs
limits            8 inputs
probe           1 input
TOTAL         13 inputs

As far as I can see you are likely to have about 15 inputs and 10 outputs to spare.

Craig
Mine doesnt have that many inputs for what im tryn todo,..or i dont believe it does but im prob wrong, im tryn to add external buttons for jog an for cycle start inc jog ect., but im not sure whats easyest im new an it seemed easier with pokeys til i ran into this inc jog button im tryn to do
Hi,
either will work.
The ESS has three ports, have you used them all? What on?

Craig
No only using the 1 but pikeys seem to have allot more inputs an outputs then the one i have, pikeys has over 50 an my ess only had like 15 may be slightly off on #s
Even then i still have same problem with that being set as a output, but i did findthe function i want in the keyboard map plugin, but i gota figure out how to make ess or pokeys trigger a keyboard key an all will be right with the FORCE AGAIN