Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:03:11 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Mid Job Shutdown / Restart  (Read 1766 times)

Mach4 Mid Job Shutdown / Restart
« on: June 19, 2018, 09:21:13 AM »
Hello,

I'm using Mach4 on a 3 axis CNC router; machining long run (8+ hour) jobs.  

I'm sure it's already been discussed elsewhere here before... if I wanted to completely power down Mach4 and the machine, and restart from where I left off, what's the best way to go about it?  For example, if a storm comes up I would like to shut down to avoid an outage, or can only machine 3 hours into an 8 hour job and want to restart where I left off.  

Is it possible to do a FEED HOLD / Power everything off / Power everything on / CYCLE START ?

Thank you for your help!
Re: Mach4 Mid Job Shutdown / Restart
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 10:06:53 AM »

Is it possible to do a FEED HOLD / Power everything off / Power everything on / CYCLE START ?

No.

You will need to remember where you left off and then do a run from here when you start up again.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 10:08:09 AM »
I have had good luck with "Run from here", other people say it is temperamental.  
There was a post on here that had a little bit of a discussion about it but I'm not having any luck finding it right now.  

Actually, thinking about it, Bryanna could make a video on "Run from here" to show people how to use it properly.  Just a thought.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:11:50 AM by Cbyrdtopper »
Chad Byrd
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 05:09:54 PM »
I have used run from here and it is much better in Mach4 than it was in Mach3.

+1 on the video idea.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 06:25:20 PM »
Thank you for the feedback Mike & Cbyrdtopper!