Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:14:54 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Windows 10 update -- don't do it  (Read 67996 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Windows 10 update -- don't do it
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2019, 01:30:27 AM »
Pleased you got it sorted  ;)
PEACE
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2019, 11:02:27 AM »
Tweakie,
 I’m surprised this popped up again, I closed it out on July 4.

Oh well, not the first time computers surprised me !!

Still haven’t loaded the MACH4 but hope to soon

Cheers,
Chuck
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 11:05:42 AM by chuck767 »
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2019, 03:55:05 PM »
Yet another Microsoft update causing problems with Mach3 (don't have Mach4).
Update KB4524147 caused my Mach3 to show errors with Plugin DLLs stating they were corrupt and needed to be reloaded. Nothing worked.
I uninstalled the KB4524147 update and all is well....
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2019, 05:50:19 AM »
I haven't had any issues whatsoever and I am a Springboard Member and I'm currently using Release 1910-1715. All of my systems work perfectly when used in conjunction with the UCCNC UC-100.
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2019, 01:40:31 PM »
I have some trouble using under windows 10 the HossMachine screen set...in particularly is quite impossible to made the zero set for the Y axe..I did all I can do but still not running...I found a  version of Blue screen set  in Imperial unit and metric so does anyone know if it works well under Windows 10? I contacted the author but He said no never tested on W10...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 01:46:46 PM by Troncatore »

Offline PeteG

•  33 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2020, 02:51:15 AM »
Windows 10 being rubbish - who'd have thought :(

I know that some people are going to be upset by this but.....

My loathing for windows 10 knows no bounds, don't get me started on all the reasons why, there's not enough time in the day.

I loved Windows 7, it just worked, but W10 is the best advert for a Mac ever. However, gripes aside, I use an old Dell 32bit computer running XP to control Mach3, it's not connected to the internet and is really quick. The ten year old interface adds a touch of pre social media nostalgia, (a simpler, and may say, a happier time) and I can play solitaire without any adverts.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2020, 05:09:26 AM »
I can play solitaire without any adverts.

Ahh...
Those were the days  :)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline bravojhony

•  1 1
  • I am bravojhony,my age is 24 and, i am a professi
    • View Profile
    • embroidery digitizing
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2020, 01:58:19 AM »
You are saying windows 7 is good but window 10 also is upgraded version.

Offline PeteG

•  33 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2020, 04:06:04 PM »
I'm sure there are many people who have no issues with W10 and who love it; I'm not one of them
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2020, 01:55:41 PM »
Hello all,

It was brought to our attention today that a new Windows 10 update is causing problems with Mach3. Microsoft is certainly causing me a lot of headaches this past month, but I hope this post will save you from some. If Windows 10 wants to do a "feature update" to version 1803 do not let it. You want to stay on build 1709. If the update goes through and you find that Mach3 will not load beyond the splash screen, the update probably went through and you'll have to roll it back. It's an easy process but it is a bit time consuming. Go into your settings and find the Updates page. Click 'View installed update history' then 'Recovery options.' That sounds a bit dramatic; you're really just rolling back to a slightly older version of Windows 10. On the next screen, you'll have the option to restore Windows 10 to an older version. Agree to the prompts and then be prepared to wait while your system un-updates.

As always, we recommend running Mach3 without automatic updates and offline if at all possible. I'll keep you posted with any new information I might have.

Happy CNCing,
Bryanna

Update: There is a new Mach3 installer on our website (machsupport.com) that includes a patched version of .062 that corrects this issue. Install it over your previous version of Mach3, restart, and you should be back to normal. As always, I recommend backing up your profile, license, and any custom macros or screens--just in case.

Hello, I’m new here.

I do no if I’m in the right place, to a question.

So I pickup Sainsmart CNC 3018-Mx3. Which my understanding is compatible with Mach3 software, but the controller board that come with it. It usb Interface, my purpose to learn to use a CNC machine is to do acrylic work. So far I learned that the controller board is not a good choice. So what I would like to do is upgrade the controller board. That will communicate the right way with Mach3. So I’m looking on amazon and I see different controllers that are parallel interface. So the CNC Machine that I hive, has 3 axis and spindle 12v DC to 48v 10000 rpm, plus limit switch’s install. Can anyone recommend a controller connecting you with Parallel Interface. I’m just a beginner I haven’t downloaded the software yet. But I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos and how to use Mach3 with a parallel controller. It seems like this is the best way to go. Great help is appreciated
New