Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:44:11 PM

Author Topic: spindle  (Read 1578 times)

spindle
« on: April 08, 2018, 07:13:55 PM »
I am new here and the spindle on my machine doesnt shut off automatically.....Is there a control pin or state pin for controlling/utilizing l spindle motor control.

Thanks
George
Re: spindle
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 08:50:06 PM »
Hi,
yes there are controls for the spindle but you've given us nothing about your machine or BoB or any thing else.
We aren't mind readers.

Are you using a parallel port?
What BoB are you using?
What type of spindle and spindle driver are you using?
Can you post manuals for the BoB and spindle driver?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 04:24:32 PM »
Sorry Craig:

I bought this machine used and know very little about it...The spindle is a router and as of now it is directly driven from the 110 power supply...
I want to have it so when the program starts it starts and when the program is finished i want it to stop....Its hard to walk away knowing the spindle won't stop

I am using parallel port and i know pins 2,3,4,5,6,7, are used for the x,y,z axis...I dont believe 8,9 are used and wonder if one of these pins can be used to control the spindle???

I have no idea what a BoB is

I have a person with computer knowledge but not a lot when it comes to cnc or Mach3...

Is there a mach 3 manual i can download and use to trouble shoot and repair problems that arise...

I don't know what else i can tell you since im new to this machine and program..It is a Gorilla machine if that means anything

Thanks
George
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 06:22:42 PM »
Hi,
the breakout board (BoB) is what is plugged into the parallel port. It will have buffer/amplifiers on it and probably
a/some relay/s.

Can you take a photo. It is probable that there will be a defined output for the relay.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 08:11:53 PM »
You need a relay to turn the spindle on and off. You can control the relay with an output pin.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 08:17:36 PM »
that is what i've been thinking but i'm not sure i have a relay  so we will need to put one and can i just assign a pin to it (say pin 8)...I will take a pic tomorrow and post it for your consideration

Thanks for your help
George