Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:39:24 AM

Author Topic: Importing A Chinese Machine......Roger Webb/Pacific Tooling - CNC Router  (Read 13221 times)

Re: Importing A Chinese Machine......Roger Webb/Pacific Tooling - CNC Router
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2018, 05:11:13 AM »
I don't think its all crap/ Apple and other phones are made there for example. Their space research is pretty impressive and I think they probably have spying technology to match the USA. I was so impressed when I visited Shanghai over the years to see the bullet trains and the underground which grew at an enormous rate. Australia doesn't have any high speed trains and when I was last in NZ they didn't even have trains in Auckland ( I believe they have a line now) You go to the airport in Shanghai and the train arrives reliably and quickly and all underground for KM after Km... yet 5 years back it was not there.  Thailand is similar but isn't so aggressive in seeking to be the best. I agree China will be the trend and standard setter in the future. Lee Kuan Yew and Mahathir Bin Mohamad both used to refer to Australia as the poor white trash of Asia at times. I think they were just a bit ahead of their times !! I do not have a bad Asian employee and my Chinese Secretary who is a Tiananmen Sq refugee walked into my plant without a word of English and no money decades back and now has 4 properties, has a top son in Mathematics and Chemistry doing a PHD who who plays 3 instruments, has travelled as a guest of the Symphony orchestra. I think are fortunate to have China. We just need to understand them which we do not seem to be trying.
You know it was Chinese workers that put the railways across the uSA when locals failed. I. think there is a Netflix documentary about it !!
We are the blind ones trying to fight them I think

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2018, 07:22:41 AM »
I don't think its all crap/ Apple and other phones are made there for example.

The iPhones are the most expensive phones you can buy.

The CNC machines talked about here are the cheapest machines you can buy.

Sure, you can find high quality CNC machines from China, but you'll likely be looking at prices 5x higher. 99% of the people importing chinese machines themselves are looking for the cheapest possible  option. Which end up being junk in a lot of cases.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2018, 06:14:00 PM »
I thought the thread was about importing anything but especially one person's experience importing a laser, but more so feeling let down by one particular supplier who advertises vis Tube postings, which I must admit impressed me in with their "credibility" when I watched them I think everyone understands that you get what you pay for within reason. I have a Konsberg Table but I am told that there are quite serviceable cutting tables ex China, My laser is from The USA (LES) There are some good printers also. The whole trouble is knowing what you get and how to look after it. WE bought a flat bed printer and went to China to see it, however when it wasn't used for some time, it clogged up. But we should have turned it on and used it regularly for a token time.
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2018, 06:46:32 AM »

There is a great deal of criticism leveled at Chinese manufacturers who make shonky stuff but what about those people who buy it?

Craig
I agree with a lot of what you say but I think that this last comment is a bit unreasonable. I believed that I was buying from an Australian supplier who bragged repeatedly on his Youtube videos that his machines were built to his specifications in his factory and that his machines were built to a much higher spec and quality than other Chinese machines. You imply that I'm stupid for buying from the shonky manufacturer.

Firstly, I've never done this before so I had no experience to tell me that it wasn't a wise move. Secondly, Roger Webb proved himself a liar and a dishonest businessman. Perhaps I am a fool for falling for his speel but most of my workshop purchases have come from either Carbatec of Hare & Forbes where most of the machinery is Chinese and quite acceptable. If they sold an equivalent machine to what I bought, I would have bought through them. But they don't and other locally made machines were way out of my price range.

Yes, I've learned a hard lesson but I don't believe that I, or any others in my situation, deserve to be told that we're stupid.
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 07:06:53 AM »
Hi,
my apologies if I've offended you.

If they sold an equivalent machine to what I bought, I would have bought through them. But they don't and other locally made machines were way out of my price range.
So the price was too good to be true....there is a saying about that.

Yes, I've learned a hard lesson but I don't believe that I, or any others in my situation,
And there will be others whom end up in exactly this situation because they wish to believe that high quality can be supplied at low cost.......how
would you characterize that idea?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 07:22:10 AM »
Yes, I've learned a hard lesson but I don't believe that I, or any others in my situation, deserve to be told that we're stupid.

If you were informed that the vendor / item to be purchased was problematic and didn't take the advice one could say you were stupid! Mistakes are made and we move forward. Thanks for informing a lot of folks about that vendor as they now  have advice that should be considered!

Over the years so many folks have purchased Chinese stuff, and then come to this site for assistance after the fact for support. It's simple on my end in that I don't even reply to those request's anymore. Period!
Simple reason is that I personally  refuse to be used and taken advantage of  by grappy Chinese manufacturers or sellers to  provide free support, and frankly, they know what they are doing. I feel for the buyer, but, after YEARS of same old story, have just have become insensitive the matter.  

In light of the above, just move on and fix whatever you need to do to have what you want.

RICH
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2018, 01:13:39 AM »
After teeing up a Chinese speaking employee to the supplier in China via we chat for our glue binder. It hope our problems will eventually be solved. Unfortunately there is a large divide between the cultures, let alone the language. If you do not ask a Chinese supplier they will assume you know. Which might sound logical, but they are mainly geared for most of these cheap machines, to an informed domestic market. Also never try to beat them down. The quality or service will be lowered. So my suggestion from learned mistakes is. Get a copy of both Chinese and English manuals and get someone who knows to compare them. Ask if they can tell you someone else local who can vouch for the machine or contact a serviceman in the Industry who is not stuck with a particular brand and ask advice. If possible get a Chinese speaker or Employee to get induction on site in China, especially in plant that uses the machine. Make sure that you get the machine you are interested in. If they cannot show you one working in-situ, be susss. If ordering spare parts, take a picture and get them to take a picture before dispatch !!
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 12:43:46 AM »
I have also PT6012 delivered in July 2018. Roger had been helpful but has decided not to continue with the business. I would be interested to see how other users are managing with their machines. Roger has been in touch now and again helping out when facing issues.

One of the issues faced is the dropping of spindle onto material randomly when turning on the machine or pressing reset emergency button on Mach3. Not sure if it is related to the machine or mach3 as I keep laptop connected to the machine when powering on the machine as well.
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 09:00:10 AM »
One of the issues faced is the dropping of spindle onto material randomly when turning on the machine or pressing reset emergency button on Mach3. Not sure if it is related to the machine or mach3 as I keep laptop connected to the machine when powering on the machine as well.

Guess what I have a USA machine with Mach3 and ESS controller and its done the same thing. I have heard of others having the same problem, random it seems so its not just the Chinese thing. Frankly I try to purchase US made when I can, but have no issues with made in China.
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2018, 12:21:35 AM »
Hi all again. Wanted to show the drop of the drill noticed at the bottom part when running 12.66mm straight bit clearing the area around the artwork.

I am monitoring power supply voltages, as the grounding as mentioned by others haven't been an issue for me.

Honestly, I have received lot more response from Roger despite him stopping business and being in different timezone (10 hours diff). I only work on weekends and he calls me to advise and give tips. Not sure if it's purely his personal choice, but he has helped us move forward to this stage from 0 to what you see in 15 odd working days.

Hope it helps others, though there is no Pacific Tooling anymore.