Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:13:33 AM

Author Topic: I need use the motor brushless with 5 axis stepper card  (Read 4862 times)

Re: I need use the motor brushless with 5 axis stepper card
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 03:23:54 PM »
If you really want to control the motor from the motion controller, you could take the 0-10v output spindle speed control signal (if it has that), put it through a voltage devider ckt and send 0-5v to an analog input of the Arduino, then generate the pwm based on that. Easy to do the control, but why would you want to?
Go nuts man.

thanks Roaster for your reply detailed,  I have begun a project for conversion mini mill,and had already replace the spindle and motor original with a brushless motor, spindle ER11  and pulley with belt. Then I have a cnc system with four motor stepper Nema23, breakboard card ST-V2 and I need of drive the brushless motor.
Now you can explain in detailed info, also scheme draw it's a good,  how to wire from my terminals 0-10V pvm on breakboard with the voltage devider to motor brushless ?
I give to power the ESC controller a power supply PSU 12V. 30A, it's work fine 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:34:20 PM by bennet »
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 04:15:39 PM »
OK. In previous post I said connect red from esc to +5v on arduino. Don't do that.
The red wire from the small plug is to feed voltage from the esc battery to a radio control receiver, and the adruino doesn't need that.
All you want to do is generate a pwm signal like the servo tester does, and reference it to the 0-10v from the controller card.
You have an arduino uno or nano? plenty of videos on you tube how to program what you want. The white wire goes to a pwm pin on the arduino and the black goes to grd. clip the red half way there and insulate for later splice and re-use.
A voltage divider is a series of resistors, say two 250 ohm resistors in line. connect the ends to 0-10v out and motion controller ground or 0 volts.
Splice to the wire between the two resistors (250 ohm on either side of the center point)  and put that to an analog input of the arduino. connect the arduino grd to motion controller grd.
Program the arduino to get analog input and control pwm output on whichever pin you chose. Search you tube for arduino pwm control.
Should be a piece of cake.
You could maybe use a servo shield to use a canned example of pwm control.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:21:40 PM by Roaster »
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 05:21:25 PM »
Maybe use 1K resistors instead of 250 ohm. I don't know what the expected load is there, probably high impedence.
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 01:10:40 AM »
can you send me a little schematic draw of your idea, then I will try this .  I'm sorry I have a study of base of the English language :-[
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 01:25:42 AM »
Hi,
do you have an Arduino? This idea wont work without it.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 02:04:35 AM »
no, and never used it. I need buy it ?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 02:15:53 AM »
Hi Bennet,

There are some links in this thread that may be of interest to you; http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,27447.0.html

Mach3 PWM converted to the RC standard using a Microchip processor; http://www.graytel.talktalk.net/bldcPWM.wmv

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:21:05 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 03:39:55 AM »
hello Tweakie , your help is gold...   I have understand how to pilot the Rc motor, and I wil try now.. But a little bit dubt, where i need  wire the two cables "signal from Mach3" on  interface board  to my breakborad terminals output: 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 04:35:31 AM »
Hi Bennet,

You may need the 12V to 24Volt power supply for any of the BoB spindle control outputs to work correctly.

I think you need to use the P1-PWM terminal and a GND terminal then configure Mach3 with the PWM Output onto the LPT parallel port Pin1.

Tweakie.
PEACE