Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:48:04 AM

Author Topic: MACH3PLASMA LIMIT SWITCHES FOR G540/PROMA  (Read 35827 times)

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
Re: MACH3PLASMA LIMIT SWITCHES FOR G540/PROMA
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2018, 02:57:57 AM »
My G540 board crashed and I’m working on getting that fixed.

when i read this, an the other "strange" things witch are Happening,
have you thought about noise , grounding , shielding ?

just a thinking.

Thomas

anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2018, 10:40:21 AM »
i dont think im having a grounding problem, because before i installed the PROMA i never had any issues. but maybe noise? cause none of my PROMA wires are shielded, and they run into my G540's home.. i will change all the wires out to shielded wires and mess with the H-U setting as soon as i get the driver fixed on my G540! thanks for all the help!
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2018, 03:10:30 PM »
is there some sort of setting to make MACH compensate for the Z axis movement? i believe thats what happeneing here, my MACH is not compensating for the distance that the PROMA has made the torch move.

ive adjusted my settings in the PROMA, so now it is properly reading the arc voltage and is telling MACH to ARC OK every time.

im just stuck on the Z axis driving itself into the metal AFTER the PROMA has made adjustments to the Z axis height during the previous cut.

really confused..  ??? >:(

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »
Have you got a floating head?

This is a slide assembly and switch on the torch mount that is used for probing the height before every pierce or every few pierces.
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2018, 03:30:01 PM »

This is a slide assembly and switch on the torch mount that is used for probing the height before every pierce or every few pierces.

no i dont.. do i NEED one? would that fix my issue?
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2018, 04:06:47 PM »

i have a floating head but i do not have any type of probe or anything that senses the material before every pierce. i am very interested in getting that kind of set up going though. what would i need to add to my existing "floating head" to make it sense the material every pierce? can MACH3 support that?

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2018, 04:12:27 PM »
Not sure, as i understand it, your z axis is not remembering where you set it before starting cutting i.e. you maybe set z zero with a gap of say 3mm between torch and work - it then cuts ok, moves up and down with THC but when finished, Z Zero is no longer 3mm form work??

Its hard to tell as my table has material height sense at the start of each cut so if it did lose position, it would reset it every time.

If you have a floating head, all you should need is a switch fitted in the right place, an input to the Probe input on Mach and some probing code, its pretty simple, oh and you need to alter your post processor IIRC to call the probe cycle before each pierce.
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2018, 04:20:42 PM »
Not sure, as i understand it, your z axis is not remembering where you set it before starting cutting i.e. you maybe set z zero with a gap of say 3mm between torch and work - it then cuts ok, moves up and down with THC but when finished, Z Zero is no longer 3mm form work??

Its hard to tell as my table has material height sense at the start of each cut so if it did lose position, it would reset it every time.

If you have a floating head, all you should need is a switch fitted in the right place, an input to the Probe input on Mach and some probing code, its pretty simple, oh and you need to alter your post processor IIRC to call the probe cycle before each pierce.

this is exactly the setup i need. the problems im really having trouble understanding is the probing code, and how would i go at altering my post procc? also, IIRC? sorry.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2018, 04:55:28 PM »
IIRC - If i recall correctly :)

Its not too difficult, I've had a few different setups on mine but they use the G28.1 or G31 reference codes, you will also need to add your pierce height setting into the mixture so it will probe the surface, set Z zero, then move to your pierce height and set z zero again then start cutting.
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2018, 05:10:39 PM »
IIRC - If i recall correctly :)

Its not too difficult, I've had a few different setups on mine but they use the G28.1 or G31 reference codes, you will also need to add your pierce height setting into the mixture so it will probe the surface, set Z zero, then move to your pierce height and set z zero again then start cutting.

my pierce height is already in the mixture, i run sheetcam so i have my pierce height set at .05" currently. Cutting height is 0.
so what type of switch do i need? and would i fix it to my Z axis MIN setting? i cut many different thicknesses of metal, would this affect any of this setup as well?
also, back to the probing code and post processor, where would i find something like this?

Sorry for so many questions. i just REALLY want to get this figured out.