Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:34:16 PM

Author Topic: mach3 randomly doesnt follow the correct toolpath  (Read 8358 times)

Re: mach3 randomly doesnt follow the correct toolpath
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 01:26:44 PM »
so the second profile i sent ,still dont have the info that it should have?  can u please tell me how to send you the profile in the right way?
thank u so much for helping me ,i really appreciate that :)
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 02:12:49 PM »
Open Mach3 with the current new profile that is now configured and running your machine.
At the top, HELP / ABOUT should show you Licensed to "you" and the current version.
Lower right corner of the screen will show you the name of the profile.
Find THAT name.XML in the Mach3 folder on the C drive.
Copy and paste it to your desktop, rename it to "anything unique.XML" and attach it to your post.

The lic file must be in the Mach3 folder, wherever you installed Mach3. Preferably C:\Mach3
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 10:45:05 PM »
i exactly did that ! and found the right profile ! here i did rename it !and post it ! i hope this time it works .thank u for trying to help me
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2018, 12:00:42 AM »
Are you using an external motion controller ? If so, which one ?
Your motor outputs Ports n pins are not configured in the xml.

Have you tried to run the dragon file with this Mach profile ?

Run it in air as to not waste any material and see how it performs.

A good install and configuration with a valid license should follow the gcode precisely.
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2018, 12:25:46 AM »
yes i do have external motion controller(TB6600)! in fact! because of this problem ,i entirely changed the breakout board and the stepper motor controllers ! the one that was on the machine , it had the same problems.... and i did replace it....
the current breakout board i have is a USB one which dont need the pins to be configured( the other one needed it since it wasnt USB)...
i have run it with this profile and it again made the same mistake... i also have run simple short gcodes which was a lot shorter than this gcode... since they were very shorter ,it happened like in each 7-8 times ....
the coordinate changes... today when i did it with this profile... the zero of the X was changed, (sometimes both x and y change).... in reality and even in the mach3 toolpath visual window it was visible...the new toolpath (green color) is following up in another location....i am wondering why this happens to me? i am new to mach3 ... but im sure there is thousand people out there who not experiencing this problem...or if they have ,there should be a solution for it...
i am willing to, again go ahead and throw away the stepper motor drivers and the breakout board ... and pay for something that works... it just making me waste so much time everyday... im really tired of it...please i need help...
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 12:40:34 AM »
The TB6600 looks to be just a stepper driver, not a motion controller.

"the current breakout board i have is a USB one which dont need the pins to be configured( the other one needed it since it wasnt USB)..."

What is this USB  BoB ?

I don't know what more to suggest at this point.
Russ

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2018, 01:12:10 AM »
i am sending 2 pics ,one is the LPT type which i had to use a USB to Parallel CNC Motion Controller to be able to connect to my laptop which i am also going to include it!
and second one which is NVUM is my current breakout board...the NVUM is the USB controller
by the way another reason i did use the NVUM is because the first one which was supposed to be 5 axis ,only 4 axis of it worked...not all 5 axis...
i also have another BIG problem! which i had it in both controllers ,and thats when in mach3 they say in home and limits ,you can reserve the axis ,but for me ,it did NOT work ! why is that??to be able to change the z axis ,in the ports and pins , motor output ,by checking or Unchecking the certain axis ,i was able to change the axis direction to work in reserve...
now these things that i say ,are they a part of this ? do these add up? maybe because i am connecting to mach 3 with a laptop(using the USB port )  its happening?
should i switch to mach 4??? instead??? i can give u more info if u need ! i just need help sir ! thank U Russ ,God bless you

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:16:37 AM by John_77 »
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 03:58:18 AM »
Hi John,

should i switch to mach 4??? instead???

the first board is a Mach3 ready USB controller, they have caused a lot of hair pulling by people over the years but they do work apparently but is absolutely worthless for
Mach4.

The second board is a straight parallel port breakout board and you could use that with the Darwin parallel port of Mach4 but the parallel port is limited, I wouldn't
recommend it, it'll be as frustrating as what you face now.

The last one is a UC100 by CNCDrive and IF ITS A GENUINE ONE its very good indeed. The reason I highlighted the comment is because there have been hundreds of
Chinese rip-off UC100s. If its one of those throw it away.

If your serious about Mach4 be prepared to buy a GOOD external controller and no Chinese s*********t. There are five manufacturers of GOOD Mach4 ready boards, the cheapest
is about $120 and the flashest one is $600. I use an ESS about $180 plus 2 x $50 for two breakout boards. The PMDX-424 is about $225 and is ready to go. PoKeys
and CNCDrive have some great products too. At this time there is no Chinese manufacturer making credible Mach4 products and if they try to tell you otherwise
walk away.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 07:15:42 AM »
At this time there is no Chinese manufacturer making credible Mach4 products and if they try to tell you otherwise
walk away.

Craig
But Craig, they're cheap!!!!

ROFLMAO

(couldn't  help myself)
Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2018, 11:19:53 AM »
I totally agree with you... they are chinese S...T....it makes more sense
unfortunately it has caused me more than pulling hair ! wasted so much time which i could have worked and make money... makes me so angry gush... its my fault...
i know that with mach4 i shouldnt use these controllers..because these are for mach3....which they even cant handle that...
would u please kindly let me know some of the real best which have been proven working on long gcodes?(i mean like a 3d part which takes hours of machining)...
if its not tooooo expensive...
something that is NOT a copy by chinese ,something from an AMERICAN company (God bless America)! lol
thank u so much