Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:29:00 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 struggling with fusion360  (Read 2163 times)

Mach 3 struggling with fusion360
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:28:52 PM »
Hi guys, so I have a bridgeport mill with gecko drives and it runs mach 3 for the control. It seems like Mach is struggling to process the adaptive strategies produced from fusion 360. Wondering if any of you have seen the before, the mill acts like its starving for data and so it makes jerky movements as it processes each block of code, on more simple countours and stuff it does fine, it just does this with the adaptives?
Any thoughts?
Re: Mach 3 struggling with fusion360
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 12:02:40 AM »
Are you in Exact Stop or Constant Velocity mode ?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 01:15:36 AM »
to be honest im not sure, i see the cv mode tab un lit so im guessing exact stop mode ? i tried clicking on the cv mode tab but nothing happens, i thought it used to light up yellow or something but i never change it so im not sure to be honest. im guessing i need to be in cv mode how do i activate that?
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 01:25:40 AM »
ok so it was in exact stop mode in general config so i switched it to cv mode and it solved my problem. Thank you! . So if the tab on the program run page gets toggled do you have to go back into general config to switch it back to cv mode? Just trying to figure out how it got into exact stop mode?
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 05:28:24 AM »
You can just put a G64 in the beginning of your code when you want constant velocity.
When the code uses a canned cycle like a G81 or G83 drilling cycle it goes out of constant velocity.If you use the estop or the stop button and then restart the file it may or may not honor the setting on the config page but it always honors the G64 in the code. Just a Mach 3 quirk.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 10:28:53 PM »
wow, thanks Mike thats very helpful, and makes perfect sense how it got switched from cv mode to exact stop mode, thanks!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 06:00:35 AM »
Glad I could help. It took me a while to figure that one out.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.