Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:42:20 PM

Author Topic: HELP with V-CARVING please  (Read 2701 times)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: HELP with V-CARVING please
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 08:42:53 AM »
Please do not make me watch a Video or read a webpage when in 30 seconds I can find my answer in the PDF.

You can learn more watching a video than reading the manual 10 times.
With software, watching someone do something can teach you things you will never learn on your own.

There's nothing wrong with reading the manual, and everyone should do it. But the videos are indispensable if you really want to learn a lot.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:44:30 AM by ger21 »
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
Re: HELP with V-CARVING please
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 10:48:18 AM »
Please do not make me watch a Video or read a webpage when in 30 seconds I can find my answer in the PDF.

You can learn more watching a video than reading the manual 10 times.
With software, watching someone do something can teach you things you will never learn on your own.

There's nothing wrong with reading the manual, and everyone should do it. But the videos are indispensable if you really want to learn a lot.

If I have a question I can find it in less than a minute or so in the printed documentation, rarely do I read the entire manual cover to cover. I do not need to watch a 5 minute video. That is one reason I no longer use Fusion 360, they would rather make a video (its cheaper)  than actual documentation which takes writing skills that seem to be lacking in this generation.  Yes this is my opinion FWIW.

BTW when I was teaching we learned there are 7 different learning styles.  What works for one, may not work for others.  We learned to recognize the students needs and help when needed.  I taught for 12 years the skills I learned in the real world over a period of 30 years or so.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:57:42 AM by wmgeorge »
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.