Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:56:52 PM

Author Topic: Mach Motion Lathe Wizards Bug? Help.  (Read 5482 times)

Re: Mach Motion Lathe Wizards Bug? Help.
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 05:20:42 PM »
Oh also if you notice in the pictures I posted above for parting that setting a different offset for the tool doesn't change it in the gcode. I set T0314 but the parting wizard puts the tool as T0303.
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 05:46:22 PM »
Just ran the parting wizard here with the pocket and offset set to 3 and 14 and hit the view toolpath and here is part of the result:

N0065 %
N0070 G00 G40 G18 G54 G64 G80 G90.1 G99 G20 (Safe Start Block)
N0075 %

N0080 T0314 (Tool Change)
N0085 G98 (Feed per Minute)
N0090 G97 S2000 (Constant Speed)
N0095 M03 (Spindle Forward)

so I can't replicate your  results.  Does the date and time of the gcode coincide with the time you ran the wizard?

RT
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2018, 12:58:28 AM »
Not sure what you're asking, but I ran the wizard took a screen shot, posted the code, opening the code in gcode editor and took another screen shot.

Weird, why would my code be off? I mean there's quite a few things off with the parting wizard. It doesn't post the correct tool number, doesn't post the correct feeds and speeds and doesn't peck.

My mach is the latest release as of a couple weeks ago.

Rhtuttle, thanks for trying. Any suggestions? I mean once I'm aware of all the bugs I can manually change them, but it makes it difficult if I go back and update the wizard as I'm want to do if I creeping up on some dimension or trying out a new sequence.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2018, 01:53:56 PM »
Took a look at your pictures of the code and the settings.  First thing that I notice is that the spindle speed and the feed rate in the code are the rates that you have for the finishing pass settings.  Yet your screen shot of the settings has the finishing pass grayed out which is correct for the type of groove you have selected.  So this code was not generated from these settings.

The file name of the code is not what you get from Post directly from the canned cycles or from View Toolpath.  This file is from some other time you have ran the grooving widget.

Try this, go back into the grooving widget and put your tool and offset to 3 and 14 and then select view toolpath.  Line N0080 should read T0314 (Tool Change).  If it does then we know that you are not using the canned cycle widget correctly.  If it doesn't you need to open a ticket with NFS.

I'm sure you have the widget settings set to 'Load Last Cycles' instead of 'Use Defaults'.  I don't think that the settings are saved unless you 'Add to Job' and save the job.

RT
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2018, 12:42:50 AM »
No, I did the wizard, took a screen capture, then posted the code and took another screen capture.
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 09:36:37 PM »
Ok, look I'm filling in the parting wizard fields > taking a screen capture > hitting POST, it asks me to save, I do under 'test', then take a screen capture of the gcode, that's it. All at the same time. I'm not using "Load Last Settings". I'm using defaults. Here is a screen shot of that as well.

Here are photos of the exact same thing I did before. And hitting view tool path does nothing. Nothing comes up.

Maybe I need to reinstall everything?
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2018, 10:51:27 AM »
I can only think of wo things to try.

Cycle through the button right of the 'E2' button unitl it allows you to check the 'No finish pass' checkbox. Check and uncheck the 'No roughing' checkbox, run again.

Each canned cycle that is saved has an ini file with the settings used.  The groove cycle has a setting called 'RoughingCheck=false' on my machine.  It would seem to me that it should be set to true with the type of groove you are doing since the 'No finish pass' is grayed out.  It appears to be using the finish pass settings, so get to where you can change those to what you have set in the roughing settings.  This doesn't address shy your tool settings don't change. 

Neither I nor Craig can replicate your problem so I am out of ideas.

RT
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2018, 10:54:12 AM »
Ok, what about the View Tool Path, it doesn't work either?

I wonder if I should redo the entire OS and start completely over and get it working correctly before doing any refinements to Mach?