Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:33:37 AM

Author Topic: Update post from Art  (Read 11114 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Update post from Art
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 10:30:26 AM »
Leo:

Always check the Pulse frequency on the diags page, if it isnt close to the kernal selection, dont use that kernal selection..
Art
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 03:24:54 PM »
Thanks Art,
Pulse rate shows about 26k when set at 25K, 34k when set at 35k and about 23.5k when set at higher kernel speeds. My mill seems to run and sound best with 35k kernel and 1/2 pulse mode. Is there a way to increase the pulse frequency on the computer?
Leo
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 10:24:17 AM »
H Art/Brian,

How do you like that new name? ;D

I tested the config and tuning on my home pc, which of course is not hooked to a machine. My machine steps are 3772.5 per inch. In my current xml setup of Mach 2 and 3 using 25k, my rapids are 348ipm. Before I moved over to Mach software, I was using a full or half step system and have seen this machine run at 1000ipm. The ramp up anddown was way long, but it did get there and was impressive to this country boy.

With that said, I have noticed that whatever kernal speed I use my home pc seems to work fine but I also noticed that the rapids are always real close to what the velocity is set at. Forgive my ignorance but is this what determines the rapid speeds within Mach? If so, will using a faster kernal speed actually translate to faster rapids or will I be limited to my 348 ipm now used in Mach2/3 ?

In other words, since my my machine is currently about tapped out at the 25k rapid of 348, when or if I change to a higher k say 60, will I be able to retune to a higher velocity without loosing steps, or will I still be limited to the 348 even in the higher kernal?  BTW I am using steppers.

Mike
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 03:27:21 PM »
Art,

I am trying to check my other computers to see what pulse frequency they can produce but one of them shows "simulated" in the pulse frequency DRO. Can I find out if this computer is suitable without hooking it up to my mill or does this indicate that it won't work with Mach3?

Leo
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 01:32:21 PM »
bump :-*

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 01:35:44 PM »
Hi:

If your velocity slider is maxed out, then going up in kernal speed will allow higher tuning. If it isnt, then its unlikely to help. Try widening the pulse time in the motor tuning. It sometimes helps if the
opto's in your system are a bit slow..

Art