Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:04:36 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Homing switches wiring with Gecko G540  (Read 2967 times)

Mach 3 Homing switches wiring with Gecko G540
« on: December 31, 2017, 03:38:34 AM »
After searching the various responses concerning the wiring of Homing Switches to a Gecko G540. I'm confused about switches that are designed to be run in a Normally Open Configuration when the Gecko PDF states that the G540 is designed to operate Homing Switches in a Normally Closed Configuration.

Is there a way to modify what Mach3 sees such as changing from Active High for Normally Closed to Active Low for Normally Open?

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 Homing switches wiring with Gecko G540
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 05:23:12 AM »
Config -> Ports&Pins -> Input Signals -> Collum Aktive Low
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
Thanks for clarifying what I was assuming to be correct.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 05:17:59 AM »
The problem with active low configuration is, If a wiring fault occurs you wont know until your head crashes into the table or boundaries. Active high is much safer and E-stops if there is a fault.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 05:31:27 AM »
The problem with active low configuration is, If a wiring fault occurs you wont know until your head crashes into the table or boundaries. Active high is much safer and E-stops if there is a fault.

Not really a problem for homing switches as long as his e-stop and limits are normally closed.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 06:29:44 AM »
Ok, for a brand newbie, I have the mechanics together(minus the limits switches) but there`s a difference between a homing switch and a limit switch?
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 08:27:28 AM »
Ok, for a brand newbie, I have the mechanics together(minus the limits switches) but there`s a difference between a homing switch and a limit switch?

Greetings !
There's a GREAT BIG section regarding this in the set-up manual ..... well worth a read, its well written and quite clear. Even for a brand newbie .... like I was.  :)

Regards,
Russ
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 08:55:23 AM »
Haha - I knew there would be but I`m so newbie I wasn`t even sure where to look.
Thanks for the pointer. ;D