Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:18:37 PM

Author Topic: Full Step to Microstepping  (Read 3208 times)

Full Step to Microstepping
« on: July 05, 2007, 02:03:24 PM »
This is maybe a stupid question : I was working today with my newly built CNC in Full step . Everything is fine. I was engraving something to test with "WRITE" and  it was OK but not as perfect. Then  was gonna swich to microstepping because I wasn't quiet happy with the resolution. But now of course do I have to set things up again. Fist of all .What do I have to do?. Motor tuning and  double all the values in there?. There must be a easier way that I completely overlooked.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Full Step to Microstepping
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 02:25:05 PM »
I would think the only change would be in motor tuning, steps per. Everything else should stay the same unless you have to up your pulse rate to get the speed you need.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 03:56:26 PM »
Do you recommend separate profile one with FullStep one with HalfStep , EightStep & MicroStep ?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 04:35:09 PM »
If you have the need to switch back and forth, it would be a good idea to have seperate profiles.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 07:23:30 PM »
Thanks ,

I just did ... let me tell you figuring out the right steps took me some time there. Is eightStep also called microstepp ? Or the whole terminology is Microstepping ?