Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:16:01 AM

Author Topic: Simple toolchange position  (Read 32046 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Simple toolchange position
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2007, 01:04:02 AM »
I like that. I got the M6 version working. When it calls a M6, it goes to the tool change posotion. Hit Cycle start again, it then goes to machine 0s, then goes back to running the program.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

vmax549

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2007, 11:18:14 AM »
Brett be very very carefull, This is how SCRIPTers are born. It is extremely additive, worse than drugs. (;-) TP
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2007, 12:18:13 PM »
Hey guys

Long time, no action:)

Finally got the time to finish my 2nd machine. and here are some pictures vmax and Brett.( BTW thanx again Brett for helping me set up my 2nd paralellport, works like a charm)

The problem I have now is that I upgraded Mach 3 from v 2.00.65 to tha lockdown version 2.60.

And then my TCP button that you guys created for me dissapeared.
Tried putting the modified 1024.set file in the mach forlder but no succsess.

Could one of you mabye take a look at the attached file and put the same function into my screenset for this new version sometime if you find the time.

I would greately appriciate it.

Thanx guys

Best reg
Cory
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 12:26:59 PM by corydoras »
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2007, 12:24:11 PM »
Here are the pix of the build

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2008, 07:15:48 PM »
Hi all
I was in need of the same function. I did a search and found this wonderfully illustrated thread.
I followed each reply and downloaded the screen for cory and it worked just as ya'll had said.
Just wanted to let everyone know what a great forum this is!!!
I have been into computers since the TRS80, and I have learned a lot, but at the same time I have also
learned I don't know much (at times). Always seems to be a work on progress.
Thanks for the help and support all of you show on a daily basis!
olf20
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2008, 07:53:13 PM »
EDIT

OOOOPS, never noticed this subject continued onto another page, will teach me to read things fully before I post LOL.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 07:56:09 PM by Hood »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2008, 10:39:16 PM »
.( BTW thanx again Brett for helping me set up my 2nd paralellport, works like a charm)

Your welcome Cory. Are you sorted now? I don't know how I missed the post, but I did. Just saw it today because the other replies bumped it.

Brett

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2008, 04:25:11 PM »
Hi Brett

Long time no contact.

As you can se from post#42, I have lost the TCP on the screenset you made for me after upgrading mach 3.

If you find the time somwhere in the future I would greately appriciate if you could put it in the screenset i posted in this post.

And BTW Happy New Year guys

Best reg
Cory

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2008, 05:25:49 PM »
corydoras
 Is this just a button on the screen  that when you press it will move the tool to the position you have entered in the TCP  DROs on the settings page?
 You can do this easily yourself if you wish, just go to the Mach folder on your drive and you will see Screen4.exe, double click on it and once it opens go to file and Open. You then browse to the Mach3 folder and choose the screenset you want to modify. Choose the screensize you want then click OK.
At the top you will see IMG with a red line through it, click on it and you will notice the background image will go, next go to the left and choose the button Icon, you then click on the screen where you want this button. Next go to the None icon and click it, if you dont do that you may end up inadvertantly putting buttons all over the screen. Next double click on the button you just created, choose the "VB script function..." option  and also type in the name you want  for the button in the Button lable/text space then clcik OK. Next you want to "save as" from file menu (  if you rename it Mach will not overwrite the next time you upgrade)
 Now close Screen4 and open Mach then go to view and Load Screen and browse to the location of your new screen, once its opened use the Operator menu and choose Edit  Button Script you will see your new button flashing, clcik on it. In the editor box that pops up put the text I have below, then close and save, your button is now done.

x = GetUserDRO( 1200 )
y = GetUserDRO( 1201 )
z = GetUserDRO( 1202 )

code "G0"  ' to switch things to G0 mode if not there already
code "G53Z" & z
code "G53X" & x & "Y" & y   

If you dont want to do this either me or Brett or others will do it for you but really its easy so give it a go :)

Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2008, 07:07:55 PM »
Is this what you want?

Brett