Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:36:59 PM

Author Topic: Simple toolchange position  (Read 32033 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Simple toolchange position
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 02:29:22 PM »
Yup, I understand. Could you not read the Machine pos. DROs and work in that in the macro? Let me see what the tool change position dros are. brb

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 02:47:26 PM »
The OEM codes for the Machine coord. DROs are X 83 Y 84 Z 85.

Brett

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 03:12:57 PM »
The tool cahnge position dros are OEM codes, X 1200, Y 1201, Z 1202.

Brett

vmax549

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 05:30:45 PM »
Correct in both instances, NOW do you want to run it from a button or run it AUTO matically from the tool change M6 macro or both?  Do you want it to return to the position you were at before you went to the TCP? Do you want it to follow a certain path to get to the TCP?  Remember if it follows the same general direction to and from the TCP you can plan where you want to place clamps ,etc.. What you sacrifice sometimes is time to get to TCP and return not following the most direct path. ??

(;-) TP
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 05:49:32 PM »
Just a simple way to get it to a comfort position in manual mode without having to jog it

By a press of a button

Best reg
Cory

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 06:02:39 PM »
I would like to see it work in both, button and auto via M6. I think  it should follow a certain path, return to the position before the tool change, and cycle start would put it back to proper position and start the program from where it left off.

Brett

vmax549

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 09:34:10 PM »
Ok lets start with a button. Cory are you able to place a button on the screen you want it it be on?  Or do we need to use the main screen and use the auto tool zero button?

Also you do realise you have to reference your machine to home when you first start Mach. This will not work correctly if you do not.

(;-) TP
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 06:15:23 AM »
Sorry Vmax, I have no knowledge of screen designing, or any VB script writing.

I would be nice to have this option, but by all means dont put to much work into it unless u want to

I am in the process of building a new machine, and have just started the build on the electrical cabinet.
Still having some problems with uneven movements on the X axis that I need to sort out

Thanx for your help so far guys

Best reg
Cory

vmax549

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 11:09:28 AM »
Hi Cory , it is not a problem. I take it that you use the standad screen set that came with mach? If so I can just modify the screen set and send it to you by email. Where would you like the button located, on what page/pages.What would you like it called?    Give it some thought. It is only a ten minute process to do. Maybe post a picture of the new machine? We like pictures of new MACHINES. (;-)

(;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 11:39:44 AM »
OK Brett, you are up. You want a button script and a M6 version.

Button version, Edit this into a button of your choice. It will use the positions you entered into the Tool Change Position DROs (note they need to be in Machine Coord Positions). It also takes the current feed rate and saves it. Z will retract up to the set position then y then Z. THis will give you a general path direction that it will always follow. The feedrate is set to 100 you can edit that to your choice. When it gets to the TCP it resets the feedrate to the previous setting and returns to the current Coordinate system.

Note: You use this code at your own risk, Always pretest any code before using it in normal use. There can be errors. Machine damage can occur with bad code. Death or injury of the operator can occur with bad code.
 (;-) TP

Note: To stop a button operation normally  the " ESC" key stops a macro, BUT there can be a delay to stopping due to Buffering of the code.

Xtcp= GetUserDro (1200)
Ytcp= GetUserDro (1201)
Ztcp= GetUserDro (1202)
Feed= GetDRO(18)

MSGBOX " You are moving to the TCP, make sure path is clear"     'Warning you it is about to move

Code"G1 F100"                  ' Feedrate You can change this to your choice just change the number after the F or just use a G0 instead of G1
Code"G53 Z"&Ztcp
While IsMoving
Wend
Code"G53 Y"&Ytcp
While IsMoving
Wend
Code"G53 x"&Xtcp
While IsMoving
Wend

Setdro(18,Feed)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 02:50:31 PM by vmax549 »