Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:04:43 AM

Author Topic: Simple toolchange position  (Read 32042 times)

Simple toolchange position
« on: July 04, 2007, 06:57:21 PM »
Hi

I am looking for an easy way to get my machine to move to a toolchange position, without getting in to VB

Is this possible?

I am not gonna have an auto toolchange just for the machine to go to a set of coordinates to get easy access to the spindle, because I have my home position in the upper left corner if you know what I mean.

By the way, is there aneasy way to change the start position from bottom left corner to upper left corner?

Love Mach3, thanks Art & Co

Greetings from wet Norway

Cory
Re: Simple toolchange position
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 07:25:18 PM »
If I understood you, you want to get the spindle to the proper position for the tool change and then continue the program? There is option at the settings screen where you have to enter tool change position. Then you have to enable tool change in the config menu. When g-code find T*, program stop and you have to press 'go to tool change location" button, then your spindle shall take desired position. After you change tool, pres cycle start and that's it.
Hope this help
Cheers

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 07:45:16 PM »
Hey Cory,
    On your home position, go to config, homeing and limits and reverse the axis you want to change. It will then home in the opposite direction. Also, make sure it will see your home switch when it travels to that position.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 07:53:03 AM »
Thanx for the reply guys.

Azrael:
I activated the toolchange in the config menu, and entered toolchange position, put M& in g-code file, and the ,machine stops and wait for tool change, but I cant fint the "go to toolchange location" button.

I run Mach3 v 2.0.065, I also have Quantum istalled, but cant find it there either.

By the way Is Quantum fully functional?, I like the big tool screen, so I would preffere to use Quantum, but I cant get LazyCam to work under it, Do I need LacyCam 2.0 Pro?

Chaoticone :

I may have desribed the problem poorly, but here is an atatched screenshot explaining what I want.......I thnk:):)

Best Reg
Cory

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 08:22:53 AM »
Hey Cory,
   If you want to tell it that part Zero is in the upper left corner of the part, that will be done in your CAM package. What I suggested earlier will change your machines home position and, you don't reverse the axis, check home neg. (Sorry) Also, the tool change position is on the settings page. I have attached a screen shot to help.

Quantum is working but it is still Beta. Feel free to try it, but understand, it is beta.

Brett

vmax549

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 10:37:59 AM »
What I believe he is trying to say is,"There is " NO " go to tool change button in the current MACH screensets". Yes the postion dros are there but not the goto tool positon button. I think it used to be there in past versions. (;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:55:40 AM »
Correct Vmax. I already put in the position, but as mentioned, cant find anything that activates this position (button)

Best reg
Cory

vmax549

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 01:57:55 PM »
Hi Cory, If you can put the button on the screen , we can help you with the VB coding. It is not that hard to do.
It is a handy function. We do it with a button and also from a macro inside the Gcode programs.

Hum just thought of something, If you are not comfortable with adding a button you can always use the TOOL Zero button on the main screen. It is inside the tool info block, you will just have to edit the button script. Easy to do if you need help just let us know.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:02:49 PM by vmax549 »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 02:14:26 PM »
Thanks Vmax,
    I have been looking today and that is the only solution I have come with as well. I'm trying to learn a little about VB, but no good for that right now. If you could write the code, that would be great.

Brett

vmax549

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 02:24:32 PM »
OK but let's cover a few things first. For this to work correctly you need to be able to reference you machine to home. That way Mach is working from the same base coordinate each time and the machine will return to the same tool change position each time.

With out that mach could be at any location position base  it booted up with and the TCP would be wrong.

Follow me so far?