Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:02:51 AM

Author Topic: Touch plate problems and accuracy  (Read 3475 times)

Re: Touch plate problems and accuracy
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 07:37:25 AM »
I have a Chinese 6040 router purchased from Automation Technologies and it came with a wonderful PDF user manual that tells how to set up the touch plate. You do need to copy and paste the VB Script into the button for the AutoZero.  The Script is in the documentation.  I suggest reading the instructions that came with your machine.
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 09:10:24 AM »
Sounds like you may have mechanical issues, causing binding, or your velocity and/or acceleration are set too high.
Also, make sure that ALL the settings for the master ans slave are exactly the same.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 12:34:07 PM »
I've done all that. I installed the script. It was working fine but now it isn't. As for way y axis ways there is no binding. If you unhook the rack you can push it with 1 finger from 1 end to the other with no problem.  There isn't 1 tight spot in it at all. It almost seems like I have 1 lazy motor but they are both the same and new
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 01:15:28 PM »
I've done all that. I installed the script. It was working fine but now it isn't. As for way y axis ways there is no binding. If you unhook the rack you can push it with 1 finger from 1 end to the other with no problem.  There isn't 1 tight spot in it at all. It almost seems like I have 1 lazy motor but they are both the same and new
A broken wire or loose connection to the stepper motor or power supply can cause it to fault out / lose steps.
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.