Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:23:49 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Button OFFLINE  (Read 26846 times)

Re: Mach4 Button OFFLINE
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 03:56:15 PM »
In Mach3 with OFFLINE button the system enter in SIMULATION mode permitting me to move axis in jog, execute a program, start a spindle, without actually obtain a stepper movement or digital output activation. Just a simulation of my G-CODE program. When I disable the OFFLINE button all axis positions and digital I/O states backs to original states so I can run real job.
During OFFLINE axes must remain active to maintain position.
How to do same thing in Mach4 ?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 03:57:48 PM by daniba73 »
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 04:41:16 PM »
Hi.
that is exactly the behaviour that I'm proposing with Mach4.

Are you interested in the learning involved to code it?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 05:50:17 PM »
Hi,
if my idea is to work then we should try an experiment. You need to hook a wire to the servo drive Enable input
and be able to connect logic high or logic low so you can experiment what happens when the servo disables.
You may need to disconnect the existing wire from the terminal. Hook it to logic high, if according to the manual
logic high enables the servo.

The run a program without material in place with the servo enabled. It should move as normal. Then part way through the
program disable the servo. I anticipate that the program will continue to run on Machs screen with the DROs moving
per normal but the servo stopped. Note that if you then attempt to re-enable the servo it would expect it to fault because
its position is now well different from that when you disabled it and would exceed the allowable following error and fault.
Don't be alarmed, its the way it should be.

The critical point is 'can a program/MDI/jog operate normally on Machs screen with the servo stopped'. If you can do this
an 'Offline' function is going to be easy.

Craig
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 04:54:55 AM »
Thanks again for your interest in the subject.
But that's not what I'm looking for.
I want to keep the axes enabled.
I want Mach4 to enter simulation mode, using the OFFLINE button!
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 09:16:23 AM »
Hi,
while you may not believe it that is exactly what I'm talking about doing, but clearly you know more about Mach4 than I do so I look forward
to your solution. Good luck.

Craig
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 03:29:22 PM »
I'm sorry you're angry, it was not in my intentions.
I try to wait.
The evolution of Mach4 will activate this function.
Thanks again
Hello.
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »
Hi,
the functionality you require is already there. You'll need a dozen lines of code to make it work.
If you won't experiment with one of your servo drives to find out what happens when you disable it then
you will not be able to code it either.

Craig
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 04:36:45 PM »
Hi,
I think you may be confused by the difference between disabling a drive and disabling an axis in Mach4.

If you disable the drive but otherwise leave Mach alone Mach will carry on as normal, the DROs will move, you can
jog, MDI and so on but the servo won't move, ie offline. When you go to re-instate the servos you will need to code
so that the actual machine co-ordinates are reflected in Mach and would be included in the <Offline> button.

If you disable an axis in Mach the servo stops but so does the DRO, you can't jog, MDI etc. Not much use.

The behaviour is really determined by the servo drive which is why I recomend a few simple experiments. If your servos
respond the same as mine then this whole thing will be easy.

Craig
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2018, 06:10:12 PM »
Hello, I'm sorry for the very late reply, I had a lot of commitments, so I had to temporarily suspend hobbies.
I enclose the link of my drive manual.
I think, I'll have to feed the PIN9 to disable drive movement. (I'm not an expert in electronics).
thank you.

http://www.americanmotiontech.com/upload/Manuals/el5-dm_v1.0.pdf
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:21:52 PM by daniba73 »
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 08:27:50 PM »
Hi,
do you have your machine setup and running?

I would suspect that one input, at least, to your servo is 'SERVO ON' or 'ENABLE' or a description like it.
I would expect it to be pin 2 (SI1)  per diagram 3.1 The parameter PR4.00 on page 39 suggests that SERVO_ON
is the default setting for SI1 in Pos,Vel and Torque modes.

What I suggest is let a known good Gcode program run but  de-assert that input to see what happens.
I believe Mach will keep on running but the servo will stop. There are a number of different things which
could happen when you enable the servo again, it may fault out following error or it may continue to operate
from its present location.