Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:17:53 AM

Author Topic: Alright fellow campers...a frankenstein moment!!  (Read 14883 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Alright fellow campers...a frankenstein moment!!
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2017, 07:39:56 PM »
Bob,
Just for your understanding, nothing personal in any way to you.

After years of support, we find that so many folks buy junk, get no support from the seller or the Chinese mfg's.
The Chinese laugh at us fools as they go to the bank because we are doing their work for nothing.
They send their customers to places like this forum because they gave them a free PIRATED copy of Mach so they can further take advantage of
of this forum's spirit. That really tick's me off, and personally have zero tolerance for the tactics or someone's politically correct view on it.

Let me be very clear on something, NOT ALL CHINESE !

Enough said......................we off topic,

RICH
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 07:42:03 PM by RICH »
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2017, 08:18:10 PM »
Hi Bob,
I have been using Mach for several years but in the last few months have tried to re-invest the help that was given to me when I started.

By and large I've found it very satisfying and have helped a few guys along the way. There are exceptions too....one of the most common is
blokes who have very poor equipment with no documentation, or at least documentation worth a damn, no manufacturers back up and apparently
little intrest in learning the means to dig themselves out of that hole.

Following your posts you are not in that category.

While I take satisfaction/pride in helping others I can't help but feel there are some who take the piss as well. According to the stats I've been logged on
for something like 900 hours, no doubt not all productive, but a large portion has been devoted to posting for others benefit. I find myself less inclined
to spend my time with idividuals who can't be bothered to help themselves.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2017, 09:08:34 PM »
Now that is 3 accurate post if ever there was.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2017, 11:04:57 PM »
O Roger, well leave it at that.  bob
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2017, 11:28:22 PM »
Ok,  I went back over the past few posts and it seems that I hit (unknowingly) a nerve in the community. Certainly not intentional on my part.  I am "slowly" proceeding through all the suggestions that have been given to me and  it will take some time to internalize fully what has been offered.  I can see that many of you are highly knowledgeable.  I wish to honor that  and it has not slipped by my awareness---the authenticity of the gifts that all of you have been making on my behalf.  Please hear me when I say I  am committed to bring myself to some level of real functionality and that I am aware it really does come from hard work and applying oneself over and over until it sinks in and can be accessed in a fluid and creative manner.  My career is that of a therapist and I see, quite well--this very issue that has gotten under the skin of those trying to help others here on the forum.  That is--many clients come in demanding a magical solution and that they will just be given the golden key to success in life.  In fact, some have literally demanded it!  My position is to work their assumptions, that life is magically easy, to the realization that one can be "eaten" in any moment, and that waking to this fact often produces that crises of identity that is the wound of so many--yet is essential for anything "worthy" to really come forth in life.  I wish to gain your respect over time thru application of your suggestions to the point of some real clarity in myself about how the CNC world really works  and thus can participate in something that most do not have access to... and in the final stage yields the tools that the creative mind must have.  Once again, thank you for your honesty, time and efforts.

Bob Campbell
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2017, 12:13:36 AM »
Hi Bob,
the efforts your taking to master this stuff are noted and applauded.

I certainly, nor I suspect Rich or Roger really intended to 'air the dirty laundry'. Also it must be put in perspective, I choose to invest my time on a public
forum, and if I find some aspects less than satisfactory I have a choice dont I. I have read comments along these lines on a number of occasions and
admit that at the time thought them rather petty or griping. Now here I am doing exactly the same thing! Often the persons whom are being somewhat
less than realistic rather resent the truth, and I have that unfortunate tendency to 'call it as I see it' thereby earning some rebuke. My problem not others.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2017, 12:49:01 AM »
Craig Hi,

I have been wondering about the moderator, the administrator, and others that have some authority in the forum...are these people paid by Newfangled etc.?  Kind of how does a forum work politically...this is kind of a separate topic... but a few words would be appreciated... perhaps others, especially newbies do not have much of an image of what it takes to work "a forum"...  I am open to hearing people' stories.  Bob

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2017, 01:47:31 AM »
Hi Bob,

There are a couple of Administrators here that work for Artsoft / NFS but all the Moderators are unpaid and are their own men.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2017, 12:38:02 PM »
Same is true for any post made by anyone on the forum. 100% voluntary. No one is paid to participate. The forum is hosted and maintained by Newfangled to give the DIYers a place to work together.

There really shouldn't be any political workings in a forum. The only thing I have seen over the years is truths yielding to political correctness. This usually helps no one and at best is like going around your elbow to get to your thumb. Myself, I'm a call it like it is kind of guy and I think most of the people that post the most accurate information are as well. I can't tell you how many post I have seen where someone ask a question and in short order have the exact fix by someone yet the post go on forever because the person looking for the answer did not like the answer. I don't waste my time on such nonsense anymore. Life is too short for that. I think all of the most knowledgeable here feel the same way. I know lots of others did but you won't see them posting at all........... they gave up.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2017, 01:16:22 PM »
Chaoticone said:

I can't tell you how many posts I have seen where someone asked a question and in short order have the exact fix by someone, yet the posts go on forever because the person looking for the answer did not like the answer.

Bob's response:  I see what you are saying.  It makes sense.  What I wish to offer though is that for someone new often it is not that they don't take and use the exact "fix" that was offered (that was in fact accurate), but that their level of understanding does not allow for them to realize that what is being described actually is "the fix".   If there is a big cat in a tree in the jungle, any child of the tribe will quickly see the cat and bring it to all concerned... but if a grown adult from the city goes into the forest... he is likely to be eaten because he does not have the context to differentiate cat from tree.  So in my explanations to people, I have to re-image to them in different ways--how cat is not tree. (How what they are going thru is the manifestation of some way of perceiving life that lacks differentiation -- like when they blame what happens on everyone else, even when it was them that caused the problem).

I picked up a bull snake once in a dense patch of wild gourd.  But when the end of the tail came out of the leaves it had a rattle on it, so I slowly lowered it back down and it went on its way.  Seeing the tail was a true "aha moment". My differentiation increase at light speed!  I don't say it was pleasurable--that is I didn't like the answer...like the learning curve to the vast realm of electronics/computer.  Hopefully some of you are smiling now.  Bob