Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:24:06 PM

Author Topic: Alright fellow campers...a frankenstein moment!!  (Read 14885 times)

Re: Alright fellow campers...a frankenstein moment!!
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »
To Craig and others...

There appears to be some progress.  The capacitor that I believe Craig suggested that I put  across the PUL+ and PUL- contacts, and then another across the Dir+ and Dir- contacts---well this seems to have worked.  To check,  the capacitor was first removed from the PUL+/PUL- connection and then the spindle was turned on.  The A-axis lathe remained still and did not move.  But when I removed the 2nd capacitor, the lathe started right up on its own as the spindle turned on.   So  both capacitors were put back in as before,  and the lathe did not turn on again.  Now I have to turn run a bit of testing to see if A-axis will index properly and other things... but Craig, you had a great suggestion and thank you.  I will continue to clean up system will the list that was shown a few posts earlier...this is to have a thorough way of approaching working in this environment.  It would be good to go thru the proper motor tunings with someone for how the A-axis lathe should be set up... it seem to be mis-configured.  Thanks again, you really helped... bob
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2017, 05:06:14 PM »
Also a thank-you to Blue Pinnacle... you original suggestion was right there.. bob
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2017, 05:09:24 PM »
Rich, now that things are clearing up, I will go back to your list of what I should learn and process... bob

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2017, 06:22:04 PM »
It would be good to go thru the proper motor tunings with someone for how the A-axis lathe should be set up... it seem to be mis-configured

Just follow the lessons as they build on each other and will cover the lathe.

RICH
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2017, 08:34:53 PM »
Alright Rich, got it...bob

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2017, 09:22:24 PM »
Yup Bob, spot on and I do agree. I would be willing to bet many members do to.

Glad your making progress. Hopefully the caps will have you sorted. They are acting like shock absorbers on those input signals of the drive.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2017, 10:02:02 PM »
Hi Bob,
is common electronic practice to have signal conditioning and limiting elements protecting an input terminal. Among
the things that manufacturers will omit to build a device to a price is these very same conditioning/protection elements,
could be the case here.

Note that adding the capacitor has reduced the sensitivity of that input but the radiated electromagnetic interference still
exists. The ultimate solution is to prevent the interference from being generated in the first place and is easier said than
done. Ask any electronic engineer who has tried to get a device past the FCC or EEC emission controls.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2017, 10:43:16 PM »
Craig... so you are saying your solution is a kind of effective Band-Aid...and that I should take whatever corrections showup over time to keep "cleaning the system".  I understand that causal condition still exists even though we have a kind of "fix".  bob

Chaoticone--thanks for your support.. bob

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2017, 10:53:09 PM »
Well said Craig. Most would never see the potential effects as a negative but in the right conditions it would not be an option.

Is your main concern pulse freq. Vs charge time? Its the first one I think of but never done the math to know for sure one way or the other if that is a possible shortcoming. I know in theory it is.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2017, 11:00:14 PM »
In an ideal world we would not have any radiated RF interference.
Yeah, right.
So we reduced the RFI as much as possible AND harden the digital signals.

Cheers
Roger